ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New brakes making clicking noise

Got some new brakes fitted by a really good garage a few weeks back for my cars service. They were brand new disks and pads and the car also had a new ball joint fitted.

However I have noticed that about 30% of the time when I initially apply the brakes, I can hear a short sharp clicking noise coming from the front of the car.

I know it's not just me driving over something on the road as I have tested it on a smooth road and it still happened. It doesn't matter if i'm doing 60mph or 5mph, I still often hear this click when I initially apply the brakes. It has no affect on the stopping power of the brakes, but I never noticed it before the new brakes/ball joint were fitted.

Just wondering if any of you guys know what it might be and if it's anything to worry about before I have to resort to taking it back to the garage who fitted them?

many thanks in advance lads.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No idea, sure Fred or someone will be along shortly. But kudos for a serious thread.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
id just say make sure everything is tight and make sure there is enough copper slip on the edges of the pads.

LY 182
probably one of the shims missing where the pad sits on the caliper carrier ( i say probably i'd bet my left spud on it)

they tend to fall out when fitting new pads and its easy to miss

the click will be the pad initally jumping downwards,, then once its seated downwards no noise