ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car advice

Ph1 - 172
ok so picked my 172 up today, seems to have a few issues.

1st - There seems to be some kind of grinding when i put my foot down in second n third, gear stick moves a fair bit when i engage/release the clutch which when let go fairly quickly is followed by a thud. Also sounds as if theres a small amount of air escaping from the exhaust when i accelerate. Could this be down to engine mounts? seems to be the common answer round here :)

2nd - i have a rattling/knocking noise under the car when its ticking over, not always but every now again mainly when the cars warm, but when i get out the car to listen it stops. it starts again when i get back in.

any advice welcome, gona get someone to have a quick look 2moz but they aint clio experts like u lot :D

cheers james

Monaco 172
1st i would say engine mounts or possibly the gearbox mounts? i know those being worn can lead to your gear stick dancing about. Dont hold me to that, just a suggestion.