ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car - Honda Accord

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I had to get rid of the Fiesta as due to circumstances I couldn't afford the £200 p/m finance payments. I still wanted something with a bit of poke and a decent amount of kit.

So here is the new car, an Accord 2.2 iCDTi Executive in graphite grey, 140bhp & 340nm of torque. As it's the Executive it has heated & electrically operated leather seats, HIDs, cruise control, dual zone climate control, electric sunroof auto wipers & parking sensors. It also has 17" alloys and sat nav with a 6 disc changer as options. The thing I'm gonna miss from the Fiesta is the usb audio input, I'm gonna have to listen to CDs or the radio like a peasant! :wink:

Anyway on to a couple of pics.
accord_corner_zps4129b581.jpg

accord_front_zps2bab6c9b.jpg

accord_back_zps58139843.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
I've looked at these many times as a daily.
So much comfort for pittence.
But swapping the head unit out is a proper ass-ache

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Surely you can fit a decent stereo so you can listen to your ipod?
Just stick it in the glove box if it's a pain in the arse to swap over.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Surely you can fit a decent stereo so you can listen to your ipod?
Just stick it in the glove box if it's a pain in the arse to swap over.
The climate control & sat nav are all controlled through the head unit so it's a nightmare, a mate has the same car and he can't find an adaptor anywhere. I have one of those radio transmitter things for the iPod though so I might just use that.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A lad at work just bought one these in estate form for £300.00. Bloody bargain.
I really like them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Always admired this shape, especially with the extra bodykit on, not sure the model. Nice colour also.

How much? If you don't mind me asking?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Always admired this shape, especially with the extra bodykit on, not sure the model. Nice colour also.

Agreed! With the kit on I love there ass for a cheap saloon.
accord3b.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Cant go wrong with all the build quality but I don't know how reliable the engines are.

Still an ok looking car I think.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Love it. I wish we got one of these rather than the civic.

Also, there are aux in/ iPod cables for these. I'm going to get one for the civic as I cba with the CDs.

The only thing stopping me is I really cba to remove the dash.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo

The Type S is the one you are thinking of I think, like the below? The colour is nice yeah cheers, it's called graphite grey pearl and in decent light it looks a blue-ish but the rest of the time it's like a gunmetal grey.
honda-accord-type-s-1.jpg

It cost just under £3k with fsh from main dealers and a 12 month warranty.

A4 tdi quattro sport
I have a 57 reg 2.2 i-cdti Cr-v and its a brilliant car. Get around 45mpg from it which for a big lump if car with 4wd is impressive. Obviously not Permanent 4wd. The spec and comfort is superb.

My satnav has a compact flash slot for which you can buy a SD card adapter. I done that for all my music needs

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
So after a couple of days not driving the car it refused to start at the weekend, luckily it was just a flat battery so once I changed it over it fired up first time.
I also got a new gear knob, a brushed aluminium one similar to the one I used to have in my Puma as it felt great in the hand. Although the gaiter has an annoying white plastic bit on the top that clips into the standard knob, I'll get a new gaiter to sort that out.
IMAG0232_zps37g84we6.jpg

I also bought some black Plasti Dip to de-chrome the front grille. I may do the window surrounds and possibly the door handles too, although I'm worried it might get rubbed off on the handles.
IMAG0235_zps7tpewkl5.jpg

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Why are these so cheap?
Dunno mate, could be the rep mobile factor, any car used as a rep mobile or mini cab tend to be cheap used. Mondeo, Vectra etc.

I plasti dipped the front grille to de-chrome it, I'm not sure about the 'H' badge and I might put that back in a while. I couldn't get the top chrome strip off so I didn't do it today, I'll do that another time. A couple of pics below.
Before.
accord_corner_zps4129b581.jpg

accord_front_zps2bab6c9b.jpg

After.
IMAG0244_zpswdmhjqh2.jpg

9a134a51-562e-4040-b088-a71ce180a93e_zps5b605a9d.jpg

The slats in the grille are a dark metallic grey so I kept them standard. It's amazing how a little thing like that can transform the front end so much!

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
A mate suggested I spray the top strip whilst it's still on the car as the overspray peels off. So that's what I did. The front end looks so much better now.
blackgrille_zps327e2d94.jpg

blackgrille2_zps7dfd2b02.jpg

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
True, they eliminated it when the Accord was facelifted in '06. In an ideal world I would get a facelift bonnet, but it's a lot of hassle for such a minor change.
media

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
The drivers side wiper wasn't clearing the screen properly, right in my line of sight too. When I took it off the blade part had totally separated for about 2" and they were some crappy no brand. So I swapped them for some Bosch Aerotwins off eBay.

Then the drivers side inner section of the rear lights stopped working, both lights. I was dreading a big electrics problem but on the off chance I swapped both bulbs and they worked! What are the odds.

I also got some dice valve caps for the lolz.
IMAG0324_zpsyvgsk67w.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cracking value for money these. The civic varient goes very well with this engine too, so I've heard.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Yeah, it's probably quite a bit lighter so I imagine it shifts if you keep the turbo spooled. The diesel Civic is the fastest non Type R iirc.

Megane 225 f1
I wouldn't mind something like this as a comfy diesel daily. The 2.2cdti and icdti engines are bulletproof. We have ran a fleet of c-rv's as ambulance fast response cars since 2007. They get ragged everyday all day from cold, left idling for hours on end and not had many major problems. Had 2 oil pump chains fail but it was never proven that it was a genuine failure possibly 6th to 2nd gears.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I'm not a fan of the chrome grille on the pre-facelift Accord like mine, it seems to make it look quite dated. The Euro R had the chrome bits on the grille colour coded but those grilles are quite expensive and this way it can be peeled off when I sell it. I think I might put the 'H' badge back to chrome as I'm keeping the handles etc standard.

It's comfy as hell although I haven't done any long journeys in it yet. It shifts a bit if you manage to keep the turbo spooled up and it makes a whoosh sound whilst it does that puts a smile on my face. Sounds like a tractor the rest of the time mind you. :smile:

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I decide to remove the Plastidip from the 'H' badge in the grille, I guess I didn't put on enough coats as was a bit of a bugger getting it off.
I think it looks good, a bit more oem than with the black badge.
b057f90f-0057-49f2-b2eb-52e9f19d5f3d_zpsy23hq2e3.jpg

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
*Update*
I finally got around to something that was winding my OCD up, the pedal rubbers were as worn as you'd expect from a 10 year old car so I replaced them. They weren't cheap for 2 smallish bits of rubber either!
Clutch was the worst and kept slipping off the pedal. Old vs new.
IMAG0409_zpsfkmwuduz.jpg

Brake wasn't as bad but was still worn through to the metal.
IMAG0411_zpshib80wtv.jpg

Also annoying me was the dirty screwed on number plates, I ordered some clean ones from Demon Plates which arrived today and I stuck them on with sticky pads rather than drill them. I forgot to take before pics but they are in my earlier pictures anyway.

Front, this had a self tapper sticking out about half an inch as it was stuck on with sticky pads from the factory so it only had the 5mm or so of plastic of the number plate surround to grip onto.
IMAG0413_zps39hcoezx.jpg

The rear had those plastic screws (anti theft ?) in and one of them snapped! I managed to get rid of most of what was sticking out and as I was plugging the holes used the plastic screw to do the job on that side.
IMAG0412_zps2w0rxov3.jpg

Now I'm gonna get my brother in law to take the car to the Ford dealer he works at and get them to do a health check as one of the brakes is squealing and my bonnet release cable snapped. I also have a Type S grille on the way to improve the front end, it's a honeycomb grille like the below.
IMG_3245.jpg