ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car- Monaco Blue 172

Monaco 172
Just home from uni, so first time i've driven the car in a few weeks, washed and then took her out for a drive, got a few snaps in my usual location
excuse the terrible quality, only had my phone camera
IMAG0800_zps171be6c3.jpg

IMAG0798_zpsf2f98980.jpg

IMAG0797_zpsd8f0cf42.jpg
]

Comments welcome as always!

I'm jealous of the lowness :( looks good man I can't wait to drop mine - just trying to decide what I want :/ don't really want coilovers would much prefer a set of springs. Un decided what ones though.

Monaco 172
Don't be jealous, i pulled up to see where the water was pouring out from, my wheels had rubbed my arches and split the screenwash pipe behind it :(
If you can see the soapy puddle next to passenger side wheel? :p

Don't be jealous, i pulled up to see where the water was pouring out from, my wheels had rubbed my arches and split the screenwash pipe behind it :(
If you can see the soapy puddle next to passenger side wheel? :p

Ouch. Unlucky! What coilovers you got on that? I can't decide on what springs I want -_- really winding me up lol. I like the look of the apex ones, which absolutely ruin the handling so that isn't an option. The eibachs aren't low enough for my liking and cook sports I can't find enough pictures to make my mind up! Wish mine came with coilovers already fitted :p

Monaco 172
So i've been wanting new wheels and a mate of mine was selling his lensos so i went yesterday to give them a go
IMAG0802_zps7ee2edf5.jpg

IMAG0804_zps5a9291f2.jpg

IMAG0803_zpsf6ea9706.jpg

unfortunately i couldnt keep them on as i need spacers for the rear, i had also been thinking of an induction kit or air filter, and he had this cone filter in his garage and let me try it on, i love the noise but have noticed a decrease in power possibly due to heat soak? so i plan to remove this and replace with standard box and panel filter.
IMAG0810_zps7f15abae.jpg

IMAG0808_zps04a7135f.jpg

Thanks for looking

Monaco 172
Been a while since i last posted anything about this car. Had some problems to fix for MOT such as washer pumps, exhaust, discs and pads all round etc, so not much of an exciting update, however the car is so much better to drive!
so heres a few pics from the past couple of months, nothing exciting. Hoping to get some decent pictures tonight with my brothers clio, so another update should come very soon for those interested.

First off, i relocated my air filter behind my headlight to reduce heatsoak.
IMAG0903_zps165f4839.jpg

Then a few cosmetic changes inside, Wrapped my dash strips in "leather" ;)
IMG_7375_zps95e2f045.jpg

Tried my brothers new wheels on, but really not a fan of them!
IMAG0935_zps706cefcb.jpg

Had to get a new exhaust for MOT, so bought a stainless one off here, far bigger than i thought, but looks OK for now, sounds nuts anyway!
IMAG0966_zpsa3c9d952.jpg

And this is how she stands at the moment...
IMAG0971_zps66e4e445.jpg

IMAG0969_zps15073c97.jpg

IMAG0968_zpse0724b41.jpg

Thanks for looking, updates soon!

That looks good mate! Good thinking with the air filter :) and the dash strips are different! Look decent!

I think the exhaust would look better If it was cut into the bumper personally. But if its only temporary obviously don't lol. You need a cup spoiler! Transformed the rear of mine! ;)

Monaco 172
That looks good mate! Good thinking with the air filter :) and the dash strips are different! Look decent!

I think the exhaust would look better If it was cut into the bumper personally. But if its only temporary obviously don't lol. You need a cup spoiler! Transformed the rear of mine! ;)
Thanks ollie! Fancy a cup spoiler but aren't they really expensive? Will look at getting the bumper sorted if I do decide to keep the exhaust :)

Thanks ollie! Fancy a cup spoiler but aren't they really expensive? Will look at getting the bumper sorted if I do decide to keep the exhaust :)

No worries mate! And I had mine freshly resprayed and it cost me all in £160 I believe. Tbh, it is quite expensive.... But...

myry2yny.jpg

Speaks for itself ;) just makes it look so much bigger at the back!

Monaco 172
Does look a lot better you're right. However I don't know if I can.justify the money for one, maybe a Xmas present thought ;)

Monaco 172
^^^ yes!! Look great those, would love either those or anthracite turinis! +Nick, pm me a price mate!

Last edited:
  Monaco 172
Slightly out of my current budget too (I'm a poor student) ha good luck with the sale though!!

Monaco 172
unfortunately not Ollie, im at uni at the moment so its approx 100 miles away from me! possibly went to my last meet in it last weekend too as im on the lookout for an E46 3 series coupe!