ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car stereo needed

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Any recommendations? I want a front USB so I can play tunes from my iPhone, a pre-out for my sub and a CD player.
Cheap. Not looking to enter SPL but I don't want any rip speed junk either.

No clue what to buy.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Is there a thread or something with pictures of them fitted, with the Clio dash being abit flus fit I don't fancy something that juts right out.

I'm after a headunit but I really can't be doing with the 1980's style of the LCD screen you get on most of them.

342946?$pd_main_v2$.jpg

I like to play music off memory cards, but if the display can only show 10 letters it makes trying to find a song bloody impossible.

To be honest and seeing as you used the head unit I am selling as an example, it doesn't look bad at all.

Its definitely the most OEM looking one I could find under £100. The orange matches the OEM clocks and lights quite well.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
How is it for names of tracks and stuff when playing from a USB stick??

Like if I wanted to find 'Ocean Colour Scene - Hundred Mile High City' amongst all the other tracks by that band would it take ages to find it??

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Might have to pop down Halfords or somewhere and have a peek then, cheers :up:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
How is it for names of tracks and stuff when playing from a USB stick??

Like if I wanted to find 'Ocean Colour Scene - Hundred Mile High City' amongst all the other tracks by that band would it take ages to find it??
Its a nightmare mate even on stereos with decent displays, also stereos never tend to play the songs in the order you want - I renamed all my songs 1.xxx 2.xxx 3.xxx and it still didnt play them in that order.

If you can afford it then I would really recommend getting a bluetooth stereo and then have all your music on your phone. I have an android phone with a 128gb memory card with all my CD's ripped to FLAC format and stream them to the car. You then create playlists on your phone and then just use the steering wheel controls to flick through them. It works really well.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a Sony CDX-DAB500u for sale. Was bought in halfords 6 months ago and used for two before I realised how much I wanted a Bluetooth radio so replaced it.

http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/dab-car-stereos/sony-cdx-dab500u-car-stereo

Front USB
Front Aux
DAB Radio
Sub Out

£89.99 on there but £60 Delivered to you.
Thanks for the offer mate, but I'm really not a fan of Sony stuff. Based in nothing other than looks! Lol

I'm thinking a pioneer will suit..

Clio PH2 K4M
Is there a thread or something with pictures of them fitted, with the Clio dash being abit flus fit I don't fancy something that juts right out.

I'm after a headunit but I really can't be doing with the 1980's style of the LCD screen you get on most of them.

342946?$pd_main_v2$.jpg

I like to play music off memory cards, but if the display can only show 10 letters it makes trying to find a song bloody impossible.

I had that one in my astra, i liked it alot!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I went for Kenwood and it's actually pretty good.

I don't understand why stereo makers don't make them with good features and normal looks. Every unit looks like a Ripspeed special.

Clio 182
I have the pioneer 8700dab

No front USB but has one on a wire for glovebox or ashtray.

No station buttons either so it's all done from the knob.
I can't work it all out but it plays capital gold and absolute 80's with all my urban shite.

The mix button works well and scrolls for stations playing similar music.
Was £140 from Amazon but bounces back to £180 regularly for some reason

Renault Clio Mk2
i've got a pioneer 360bt and love it! think theres the 380bt out now for just under £80, don't think its got a cd player though:/ pioneer as a brand though, its been great! good screen too! displays plenty of characters at once!