ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW CAR!!!!(what a way to start my ownership)

1.8 8v RSi
2 hour train journey to warrington and 1 hour n 30 mins of driving/admiring/talking and signing £940 later I was the proud owner of a 1.8RSi(a big upgrade from my old 1.4RT)....and what a way to start my new ownership...pulled slowly out of the drive and forgetting there's 4 lanes of traffic and driving down the wrong set of lanes into on coming traffic....luckily nothin coming and comfortably got into the right lanes. lol.. here's a few quick pics....havent had a chance to get decent ones.
newclio2iu1.jpg

newclio3bc0.jpg

newclio4gk3.jpg

newclio5pk1.jpg

newclio6ui4.jpg

newclio7mz6.jpg

newcliofx8.jpg

76k miles
lowered 60mm all round
side exit powerflow
R5white alloys
Cobra Buckets with 3point harness'
Stripped rear
Green induction kit
Xenons
bad points is bonnet needs replacing due to stone cips and dents.
Doors could do with a respray
ariel needs replacing as it looks liek it was superglued on
dash bulbs need replacing
lol

Last edited:
It looks alright that, but tbh i'd change the wheels, as the 5 gt ones are tiny (13's aren't they ?) any plans for it ??

You sold your green car ??

1.8 8v RSi
yeah they 13's still undecided if i like em or not...they have good grip and light compared to the 16's on the RT.
(which i still have btw and all money from sellin it will pay off the loan i got to get the car)
as for plans....everything major i want doing is done.
its mainyl just small things like replacing dented bonnet and respray on doors. i'm gonna change the rear lights tomorrow for my black ones on the RT.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Very good cars RSIs, prefer them over Valvers for an every day car, much more in gear power. Nice

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

glad you are enjoying it, was a good little beast that car.

:)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
i was wondering what you were doing turning right on to the main road... LOL!

i was waiting to hear....shreeesshhhhh, Beeeeeeppp*!**!!*! CRASH!!!*!*!* BANG!!*!*!~~''####

haha

Clio
looks great, thought i recognised it and the cs sticker gave the game away :D!! excellent mate, enjoy it!!

Monaco Blue Mk2
I know the road and PMSL at you driving down the wrong side of it! The wheels will look loads better if you go lower.

Whats next on the cards Sam?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
LOL

Dunno matey, working at estate agent now, so company car is coming soon, unusure of which one...

hope fully something along the lines of a GTTDI Golf Anniversary

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
aye.. valvers are only better after 5k ish... and lets me honest around town driving etc.. when are you doing over 5k? LOL

thats what made me get a RSi over the 16v

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
possibly...

suppose its up to him, it had a 16v bonnet on it which was off another car, the colour was ok and not noticeable...

depends on the donor cars condition really i guess!

1.8 8v RSi
how old are you and wats insurence like
23 with almost 1 yrs no claims £950

looks nice but not to keen on the wheels.
I'm still undecided on the wheels yet...

i was wondering what you were doing turning right on to the main road... LOL!
i was waiting to hear....shreeesshhhhh, Beeeeeeppp*!**!!*! CRASH!!!*!*!* BANG!!*!*!~~''####

haha

my excuse is i have a bad memory....i made it safely though hehe.....however i'm currently looking round for parts to fix the rotor arm...i have no idea what i need lol

al

ST on the way...
Stunning!

Absolutely love the wheels!!! :D bit of a sod to find tyres for though.

1.8 8v RSi
apparently so but i checked with my local garage and said they will be able to order in the tyres if and when i need them.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
mytyres mate :)

the rotor arm should be easy...

need a new coil, the rotor is inside the coil.

You take good care of it.... well miss that car sometimes.

Here is how it used to look, in case you want any inspiration?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194307

that is so wierd seeing the car that far back lol....and u might see it round nottingham every weekend to as i drive threw there to get to my girlfriends lol....nice to knwo the car has a clio sport history

Engine bay still the same?

Also you still got the french plates?

I think sam said he removed them as the cops where giving him grief. I had no issues.

I have loads of pictures of it. Even when i first bought it, completly standard.

1.8 8v RSi
that is so wierd seeing the car that far back lol....and u might see it round nottingham every weekend to as i drive threw there to get to my girlfriends lol....nice to knwo the car has a clio sport history

Engine bay still the same?

Also you still got the french plates?

I think sam said he removed them as the cops where giving him grief. I had no issues.

I have loads of pictures of it. Even when i first bought it, completly standard.
the green hoses are gona from engine bay....sam removed em. induction kit still same(it needs replacing)
still got french plates which i'll put back on soon...

some one said somethign bout new alloys...well i was gonna put the ones off my old car on it but they're too wide with suspension that low so i need to put 16v archs everywhere if i want em on...but im lookin for lightweight 15s/16s that arent as wide