ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car - what to do?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok want some help from someone who knows what they're talking about.

have a new focus st in blue that I want to keep looking as fresh as it does now for as long as possible.

i have a da polisher among a few different chemicals and ill probably use autoglym hd wax to finish as I have loads of it left and I like the finish it gives.

so my question is how would you go about tackling this?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've done something wrong! I'm obviously not any good at this s**t lol.

Anyone know of someone I can take my car to or come out to me to give the car a proper going over?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Can they apply gtechniq products?

I want it properly detailed btw, mark free and protected. I'd love jim to do it but he's a bit far away and russ (I think) on here has caught my eye too but I don't know where he's based

Can they apply gtechniq products?

I want it properly detailed btw, mark free and protected. I'd love jim to do it but he's a bit far away and russ (I think) on here has caught my eye too but I don't know where he's based
yes, their company is detailing and alloy refurbs only, if you have FB look at them on there as they just took their website down.

Yeah, as Jenic said, my 200 had a protection detail at White Details when new (although it turned out a little more complex). It's easy enough to do yourself tbh, I just wanted that to sit on the car's history, plus it was winter and I CBa to detail in minus conditions lol.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Jaff, a you looking to put C1 on the paint? And do you already have it?

If not, look into CQUK kit. It's idiot proof compared to GT and has impressed me far more.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you got for anything except a ceramic sealant you need shot. Especially on a new car.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
And reload on top, my god, reload, I've never seen anything sheet like it!
The paint is positively allergic to water!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Trouble is I've been machine polishing it and applying hd wax and I don't seem to be getting it as scratch or swirl free as I expected, and in worried about making it worse so I'd rather pay someone to do it properly.

ive ordered g1 and c5 for my glass and wheels I can do that myself but I want the car to stay as perfect as possible for as long as possible

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
If someone good can polish and apply a semi permanent sealant you should be good over winter, then just deep clean, glaze and wax for summer next year.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well I thought I was good enough and under the depot lights I thought I was doing well yesterday, in the sun today it seems I'm not good enough

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Just gave Ti22 in South Wales a ring. £350 for a decontamination, removal of any imperfections and c1 applied

that sound ok?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say decontam it yourself tbh. Then about £300-£320 for polish and C1, ad you'll have left over product in the shed for next time.

However, C1+ disappointed me so I wouldn't opt for that either.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just pay someone. Enhancement detail and ceramic coatings allround. Plastics, wheels, paintwork. I'd want Cquartz products on the paitn and wheels and G1 on my glass. Buy the G1 yourself even.

Seriously get it done and you'll realise just how long the paint stays swirl free and cleaner for. Anyone even remotely interested in car cleaning should have any new car protected like that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No because new C1 is pish. Facto. If he can do Cquartz then great and you want to see the bottle! ;)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The Union Jack? Looks like a bottle of poppers lol.

Settled. I'll do it next week. I only had time to fk1000 hem last week so I'll re-prep them and get it on. Remaining C1 can go on trim.

/hijack

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gally, thoughts of CQUK on wheels? I wasn't that impressed with new C5 vs original C5.

Will be grand mate, it just won another product test on paint vs some others including that 22PPLE coating. I have heard nothing but good things about dlux and uk on wheels, yeah dlux on the wheels.

The new GT stuff is really poor imo. There is no getting away from the fact Cquartz now pisses over the top of it.

and the Bonnet coating test was brilliant, very fair to all competitors with the results I was expecting/hoping for.. Car Pro CQUK and DLUX first and second place after all chemical tests.

Surprised a little by the most expensive coating in the test being the worst performing. 22PLE VX1 Pro(by some margin, infact me and Janis both picked it as the control panel, so its performance was worse than nothing lol)

I said from the beginning when 22PLE was marketed as "highest quantity of silica in any coating on the market" that having as much silica as you want in a product means nothing if the solvents and bonding agents don't bond it to the paint.. which seems to be the case.

It's like the wax thing "highest % of carnauba on the market" that doesn't mean anything if the other waxes, oils and solvents in the mix aren't right.. else the dodo flat earth paper weight would be the best wax in the world.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The Union Jack? Looks like a bottle of poppers lol.

Settled. I'll do it next week. I only had time to fk1000 hem last week so I'll re-prep them and get it on. Remaining C1 can go on trim.

/hijack

C1/4/5 is still decent on trim actually. Dlux, beading better. Durability no doubt stronger on the GT stuff as the paintwork tests i've seen.

They just don't seem to work well without constant c1.5/c2 top ups. Cquartz works immense without reload imo. Although at least for the first week ideal to top it once.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Mines got 2x reload. I'd like to get a other coat on and then maybe a Wax for CSS.

Not sure how to get the paint ready for another coat though, thoughts? Ie no QD/shampoo leave-behinds.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cool.
I'll just have to top it with reload too, my god that stuff is good.

I remember the old aquartz version blew my mind seriously but I love the new one I have. Just a little bottle but it goes so far!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Huh?

Could make a weekend of it I suppose. According to dw there are only 2 people on there who do proper detailing in South Wales :(

sucks living here sometimes

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I digress...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364913519.943914.jpg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Can't get hold of russ. His inbox is full and I'm not sure if my book face is working. I've been told he's very competitive price wise too so worth the trip