ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio 200 RS Lux Experiences required

Clio 4RS
Hi guys and gals I had a 172 cup many moons ago, and have had a large gap in Clio ownership having bought a 911 997 C2s.
Well i've just sold that and went and had a look at the new Clio today down in Exeter. I'm just looking for that hot hatch fun feel.

are there any experiences to report on here etc?

thanks in advance Regards Rob.

ps not sure what's stopping me buying one.

RS 200 Turbo EDC LUX
I have one, fantastic motor, comfortable to drive when you're cruising and puts down the power fantastically when you want it. Sport mode is addictive with the crackles and pops on gear shifts and the with the insanely quick gear changes.

Take a test drive and you'll find you'll be ordering one ;)

baysthebest

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172/172Cup/182
Exhaust note is awesome, sport/race mode v addictive. Better on a long journey and easier to live with on a day to day basis than the outgoing 200. Definitely not as good of a drivers car as the previous 200.

Technology is is like nothing else on even a sub £70k car i.e Launch control and multiple down shift function available in race mode.

baysthebest

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172/172Cup/182
Now i'm getting excited cheers guys. I am likely to get a discount off the ticket price? or is it a hard sell etc.

There will be offers available on new ones. Delivery is Feb/March time now. I will pm you an idea of what you could expect as a deal. What spec/colour are you looking at?

RS 200 Turbo EDC LUX
I was told there likely wouldn't be a discount on them, but perhaps a 0% finance in 2014. Though that could have been sales man talk but I know the guy personally.

Deal wise, I got the following spec:
Starting price: £18995
liquid yellow paint: £1300
LUX pack: £1000
Cup chassis: £650

I believe the finance on a RS from a renault garage comes from renault finance themselves rather than a 3rd party vendor, and the interest rates are locked on them, so there was no movement there.

There is a wait though, I ordered at the start of August and was told it could be January as the plants shut down in France for 3 weeks in September but luckily a garage in Scotland had ordered a display car with the exact spec I wanted and the guy I was dealing with managed to convince them to re route the delivery on its way for me.

baysthebest

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172/172Cup/182
Cool. Enjoy! Just sold my demonstrator so have ordered a fully specced LUX in LY! Feb delivery though........

Clio 4RS
Re: New Clio 200 RS Lux Deposited Today.

Here She is. :approve:
ClioRS200.jpg
[/IMG]

Clio 4RS
Update:
Audio not so great
Drive is very smooth
Wipers are very strange passenger wiper is approx 8" wide! and clutter the screen
Wipers stay on when ignition off? meh
Launch Control awesome fun
Wheel upgrades limited out there!
Hopefully booked for Exhaust Remap and filter with K-Tec in Jan.

So far so good, Impressive, ramps up the speed quick also!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Update:
Audio not so great
Drive is very smooth
Wipers are very strange passenger wiper is approx 8" wide! and clutter the screen

Was this the ex demo?

Crash.jpg

S

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Update:
Audio not so great
Drive is very smooth

A remap? On a new Renault.... That isn't the best idea i've heard! Glad you're enjoying it though buddy!

Renault Clio RS 200T
I was told there likely wouldn't be a discount on them, but perhaps a 0% finance in 2014. Though that could have been sales man talk but I know the guy personally.

Deal wise, I got the following spec:
Starting price: £18995
liquid yellow paint: £1300
LUX pack: £1000
Cup chassis: £650

I believe the finance on a RS from a renault garage comes from renault finance themselves rather than a 3rd party vendor, and the interest rates are locked on them, so there was no movement there.

There is a wait though, I ordered at the start of August and was told it could be January as the plants shut down in France for 3 weeks in September but luckily a garage in Scotland had ordered a display car with the exact spec I wanted and the guy I was dealing with managed to convince them to re route the delivery on its way for me.
Just curious-- was that garage in Scotland Parks Renault Irvine?
ooops! Just reread what you wrote Car rerouted so wouldn't be the garage I mentioned. They had one but I think it ended up sold by their East Kilbride Branch.

Last edited:
  180.5 bhp 172

You say this, but I went and had a look at one back in June when my local dealer got their first demo, and I spec'd it up to just over £23'000 with LY paint, RS Monitor and a few other bits and bobs...
1 week later: I had a call from Renault asking if I had thought about it etc...
2 weeks later: I had a call from Renault saying they have a 'special sooper dooper, managers special' on and they could do they spec I want for £19'995 if I ordered in the next few days! A mystical saving of over £3000!

I think for a Clio at least, £23k is steep (albeit spec'd up). But they are certainly VERY nice cars to drive!!

Clio RS LUX 200
Got mine about 2 weeks ago and love it! Such a smooth drive, and rapid if you put your foot down! Really want to track it at some point! I live near to Oulton Park so i think i will be looking there? Do you guys do any meets there? Would highly recommend the car :)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
You say this, but I went and had a look at one back in June when my local dealer got their first demo, and I spec'd it up to just over £23'000 with LY paint, RS Monitor and a few other bits and bobs...
1 week later: I had a call from Renault asking if I had thought about it etc...
2 weeks later: I had a call from Renault saying they have a 'special sooper dooper, managers special' on and they could do they spec I want for £19'995 if I ordered in the next few days! A mystical saving of over £3000!

I think for a Clio at least, £23k is steep (albeit spec'd up). But they are certainly VERY nice cars to drive!!

Discounts are always there to be had, its just a case of looking around, in my experience with a bit of research there are atleast 2 dealers in the South that have a reputation for being able to offer much better pricing than the majority.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Discounts are always there to be had, its just a case of looking around, in my experience with a bit of research there are atleast 2 dealers in the South that have a reputation for being able to offer much better pricing than the majority.

Also depends on the time of the year you decide to buy a car.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looking at getting rid of the wife's car and my Ph1 for one of these.

I know ktec have an exhaust and filter available and an intercooler in the works.

What is there in terms of decats and remaps?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I'd be contacting companies about development parts for these if I had one, such as Forge, Airtec, Miltek, Scorpion etc.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I test drove one and wasn't impressed by the drive compared to the old 200. completly different cars though mind!

Interior is a vast improvement however.

But that gearbox, my god you could fit another gearbox inbetween the ratio's it would seem.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
They sound like a fun car to drive, not worth dropping 20k on a clio tho.

ST
Just curious-- was that garage in Scotland Parks Renault Irvine?
ooops! Just reread what you wrote Car rerouted so wouldn't be the garage I mentioned. They had one but I think it ended up sold by their East Kilbride Branch.

W@nks.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I drove the Clio today with lux and cup packs. It rode very nicely damping and roll control was brilliant. Handling was good although I felt there could have been a bit more feel and less assistance on the steering. I would prefer a mechanical diff to the e-LSD it has but it works reasonably well.

Brakes are very good although I did feel under fairly heavy braking from speed that the car didn't feel that stable. Not sure, I would need another drive and push it a bit more to judge. It feels a much bigger car than the Ph1...more like my Mk2 Focus.

I liked the gearbox, I didn't use normal, I used sport and race. Sport is great for just cruising and you can use the paddles to change manually too. Then in race you can use the stick or the paddles, its nice and quick, quicker than I can change gear and the multiple down shifts are nice to use as you're braking. The gear ratios could be more even, I noticed some of the ratio spacing seemed a bit closer or a further apart dependent on gear.

Engine needs more, it feels too slow and it didn't excite me, the exhaust was too quiet. I'd say a remap, nice sounding exhaust and an air filter would make a much better sounding car and give it a bit more power and torque which it needs. Although saying that the torque is very linear, so it pulls all the way and the smoothness of it is deceptive, you put on more speed than you think. A bit like driving a Bentley Continental.

Interior is decent enough, seats are supportive and hold you in place quite well, I wouldn't say Recaros are much better. The R-Link is good but a bit fiddly to use on the move. And the engine sounds are only really any good to entertain children.

Visibility wasn't great but that's not a huge issue.

I was offered the 63 plate demo car for £18995 in liquid yellow. So saving about £4k. Although there is another for sale on a 13 plate in flame red for £15750.

I like it, and it would serve its purpose to replace my wife's car and my ph1 and just have the 200EDC in their place. But...I'm not sold on it. The tyres are 205, and I think 215 would be better, especially to get some semi-slicks, but the arches aren't wide enough and the standard wheels with 205 tyres are right up to the shocks. So you're restricted to 205 really.

I might change my mind in the future but for now I don't think its for me. If some more tuning products come out and someone else manages to get some decent 215 tyres fitted then maybe that would do it for me.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Its only in 3 door. Ideally I was looking to replace the ph1 and my wife's Fusion with the new Clio but it's not quite what I want.

Megane 265 cup/trophy would be my 1st choice but that's 3 door only too. Not sure on the Focus ST. Could get the pumaspeed 320bhp/370lbft demo car for the same price as the Clio and just fit a quaife diff.