ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Daily Car

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So 3 years ago we bought an Audi A3 2.0 TDi S-line with DSG and it was a perfect car but as it was a 2007 it was getting little older and the arches had the common rust issues in the last 4/6 months so we decided to take advantage of the January discounts / sales and chop it in for something newer and alot more quicker.

h0LKNgR.jpg

Dqqua1A.jpg

6CisQTH.jpg

Now the reason we have went with this is that the competitors are rather common around my area and alot more expensive.
The amount of Golf R's & Audi S3's are unreal and when we seen this we thought it was different and something we both agree'd on.
Its slightly under powered at 280bhp but its more than enough for what the car is needed for.

2016 Vw Scirocco R - 2.0TSi FWD 280bhp

c1i8bYB.jpg

PfiC5s8.jpg

uSHqrnF.jpg

A5jwV0H.jpg

T9LcTIs.jpg

zTzHsba.jpg

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
So 3 years ago we bought an Audi A3 2.0 TDi S-line with DSG and it was a perfect car but as it was a 2007 it was getting little older and the arches had the common rust issues in the last 4/6 months so we decided to take advantage of the January discounts / sales and chop it in for something newer and alot more quicker.

View attachment 1400852

View attachment 1400853

View attachment 1400854

Now the reason we have went with this is that the competitors are rather common around my area and alot more expensive.
The amount of Golf R's & Audi S3's are unreal and when we seen this we thought it was different and something we both agree'd on.
Its slightly under powered at 280bhp but its more than enough for what the car is needed for.

2016 Vw Scirocco R - 2.0TSi FWD 280bhp

View attachment 1400855

View attachment 1400856

View attachment 1400857

View attachment 1400858

View attachment 1400859

View attachment 1400860

280 is plenty mate ! once rolling a golf R or s3 will not pull much on you at at all if any !
Great choice, rare too wish I had your car collection??

Any interior pics?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Will get some decent interior pictures tomorrow when wash and polish it.

The Golf R & S3's come with AWD and the Scirocco is FWD so I guess thats its down fail.

The car is fully loaded with -

Leather Heated Seats
Sat Nav
Media
Bluetooth
DCC
DAB Radio
Parking sensors (Front & Rear)
Auto Dimm Mirror
Tinted Glass
DRLs
Bi Xenon lights

Here is the only picture I have at the moment

IMG_1387.JPG

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice Marco! I always like the Scirocco shape.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Nice! Have these got the same tricky front diff as the cupra/pp gti?

Electronic differential lock (XDS) ... The XDS electronic differential lock improves the traction and handling of front-wheel-drive models. In technical terms, the XDS system, initially developed for the Golf GTI, is an extension of the electronic differential lock (EDS) integrated in the ESP system.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
That looks nice, especially in white. I did look at them at one point (albeit earlier ones), but went for the Megane instead, as I'd been craving one. Would imagine these are probably a nicer daily prospect though.

Which engine does it have, as it looks like quite a new one? Did they fit the EA888 to the Sirocco R, or is it still the engine from the MK6 Golf R? Either way, it's got plenty of power and, being manual and FWD, it's probably a bit more exciting than the 4WD Golf. Plenty of scope for tuning too if you felt inclined, though it doesn't really need it.

The only thing I think I would be tempted to change is the wheels, as I'm not a huge fan of the Cadiz rims. I bet it would look awesome on the 19" Pretorias from a Golf R, though you would probably have to sell the Sirocco to fund a set lol.

Nice motor!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
That looks nice, especially in white. I did look at them at one point (albeit earlier ones), but went for the Megane instead, as I'd been craving one. Would imagine these are probably a nicer daily prospect though.

Which engine does it have, as it looks like quite a new one? Did they fit the EA888 to the Sirocco R, or is it still the engine from the MK6 Golf R? Either way, it's got plenty of power and, being manual and FWD, it's probably a bit more exciting than the 4WD Golf. Plenty of scope for tuning too if you felt inclined, though it doesn't really need it.

The only thing I think I would be tempted to change is the wheels, as I'm not a huge fan of the Cadiz rims. I bet it would look awesome on the 19" Pretorias from a Golf R, though you would probably have to sell the Sirocco to fund a set lol.

Nice motor!

Its a nice car and its the 2.0 16v TSi 280bhp FWD with loads of stuff.
Its the CDLK (EA133) engine in it so its belt & chain when the EA888 engine is all chain.

We are looking to change the wheels as we are also not a fan of them with them being diamond cut, 19" Pretorias would be amazing but the price of them is just crazy.

The Scirocco has its Pro's & Con's and like having DCC and being slightly lighter with a slightly better chassis.

This is a very good review of the two of them here

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
CM Wheels sell a Pretoria replica that's decent quality. The price of OE Pretorias is insane.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Wheels will be replaced with standard Audi / Vw alloys.

I really like standard Audi rotors or newer style RS6 alloys

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Have to admit even tho it looks good in white its dirty every single day and its a pain to keep clean.