ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Exhaust

Clio 172 Cup
Get my new S/S BTB Stealth exhaust fitted to my 172 Cup on Tuesday, also getting a Ph1 Cat fitted at the same time, will I notice any performance increase? My exhaust is knackered & my Cat is blowing so I'm hoping I will! Didn't want a loud system hence the BTB.

monaco 172
no.

youl think its faster because its louder, but in reality itl be the same, give or take a bhp or so

B/G 182 FF
I just got the KTR supersports exhaust fitted this morning to my 182 and I can defiantly feel an increase in performance, but then again my old exhaust was practically hanging off and full of holes so there was a noticeable loss of power over the last couple of months. So it really just depends on how knackered your current exhaust is.

Fabia vrs tdi
I bought my 182 centre section was fvcked got my ktec supersports and decat on and low down power increased slightly but I like the loud pedal - every pretty girl I see I press it ( look at me )

Oh it was on the dyno and made 169bhp lol so still down on power but the 02 sensor was broke at the time if that would have made a difference

clio sport 182
Mcmacslim, sorry for hi jack btw but how much did u pay for ur system as am thinkin bout havin that done when ktec match my inlets in november.

Thanks and sorry guys

Sprint 172
Get my new S/S BTB Stealth exhaust fitted to my 172 Cup on Tuesday, also getting a Ph1 Cat fitted at the same time, will I notice any performance increase? My exhaust is knackered & my Cat is blowing so I'm hoping I will! Didn't want a loud system hence the BTB.

If a BTB won't give you a power/torque increase then nothing will (but it's never going to be huge). I felt that the car was much more eager in the mid-range.

172 cup TT
hillclimb, best exhaust you couldve chosen thats on the market. As Vecbtb says, nothing will come close... what i especially love about mine is the noise.. very very quiet, perfect. god knows how people go about with ridiculous loud exhausts now a days (i used to have one and dreaded the 80mph cruising on motorways).. thing is, there is no need for it - or maybe im getting on a bit :)

monaco 172
Strange you say that, my decat ktec supersport is loud as hell when I thrash it but on motorways once the speed is steady you can't hear the exhaust

Clio 172 Cup
@ Floodie - thats the main reason I chose the BTB, that & the difficulty sourcing a Yozza. Like you, I think I'm getting on a bit so loud & proud ain't my style!

Clio 172 Cup
OK, BTB exhaust & modified Ph1 cat (cat sent was single not twin sensor) fitted yesterday. Picked the car up this morning & not really in love with the sound but its not bad. All I can say is that my old exhaust must have been really really shagged as the performance is on a different level! Trust me, its not in my head, it really is much quicker now, picks up quicker, revs quicker, pulls cleanly from low revs & basically scared the sh*t out of me on the 10ml drive home - think I need to look at my brakes now! Many thanks to Alex @ Carlton Garage in Exmouth again & sorry for the hassle with the Cat.
Can't wait to get the Eibach Sportlines fitted on friday now...

Clio 172 Cup
For those who may be interested the BTB exhaust came in at 94db @ 45000rpm at a hillclimb event yesterday so well within track limits