ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New exhayst ktec super stealth mk 2 and decat ?

Clio 172 CUP
so basicle i bought my 172 cup two months ago and it has a scorpion stainless steel cat back on it makes a nice noise but i dont like the big exhaust hanging out the back so was looking at the k tec super stealth mk2 and was thinking about a straight threw decat pipe too what you think ?

Ollie's Silver Cup
Is the super stealth the mild steel one?

It's not much more for the stainless supersport stealth; if you like loudness :)

Ph 1 172
I got that exact exhaust system on my 172 and it's crazy loud, if you dont mind a very loud exhaust and don't do motorway miles it's great

Clio 172 CUP
nah you get a mild steel stealth exhaust but you do get the stainless steel stealth and supersport stealth if you click on the options im wanting to decat it to so how loud we talking ? if im doing around about 30 in 4th or 5th gear i want it to sound quite sporty and a bit loud not so loud i cant talk to the person siting beside me lol but when i drop a gear and boot it i want it to sound like thunder :rasp:

Ollie's Silver Cup
I've got the supersport stealth; it's quite loud, but I don't find it any way intrusive. You can easily have a conversation with the person sitting next to you, etc :)

260% JCW
I wouldnt get the super sport (unsilenced centre section) IMO, the Ktech Stealth has been proven to give the best performance on a 172. Im running it with a decat and it's ok arround town, sounds beefy. At motorways speeds though it does drone a bit. I tryed the super sport, it was to loud.

One other note, when you put the cat back on it quiten's down alot.

ph1 track weapon
i have the supersport, decat and absolutely no interior whatsoever. its fine around town, and is fairly bearable apart from between 70 and 80 at which point you do kinda need to shout at your passenger!