ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New FRONT UPPER RIGHT ENGINE MOUNT INSERT powerflex 172/182

182 cup
http://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-ser...t+Upper+Right+Engine+Mount+Insert+/11902.html

engine%20mount%20small.jpg

someone has installed?

References , opinions

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Makes a fair bit of difference on worn mounts, i've been trialling one of my own designs for a couple of months

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Ive not tried a vibra, but id imagine so as it just gives the standard mount a bit of help rather than replace the whole lot for near solid

172 Turbo
Just get solids and do them up properly, this is just a temp fix the 10 year old rubber mount will still fail soon!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Theyve only JUST come out. Ive ordered one.
Stick your thoughts up mate once you've got it fitted. I'm interested. I don't wanna go solid mounts like the ktecs etc but if these add a bit more stiffness to the standard mount then I'll be ordering one

225 Cup & Williams
These have been out for the Megane 225/r26 for a while now and they seem to get good reviews.

I fancy fitting them to my 225 but I hate cabin vibration and I don't know whether these cause extra vibration or not.

I had the vibra technics mount on the drivers side fitted to my 182 with the other mounts being standard. I took it off because of the vibration and noise you would do 70mph and it would feel like you needed to change into 6th.
It got rid off the engine movement and the throttle response was better but went back to genuine Renault,that only felt tight for a week so have order this and will report back.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Stick your thoughts up mate once you've got it fitted. I'm interested. I don't wanna go solid mounts like the ktecs etc but if these add a bit more stiffness to the standard mount then I'll be ordering one

Same as me, got the polybush dogbone already but could do with refreshing the others in the near future. Wife hates driving it already, if I was to go vibratechnic it would hurt my ears/neck ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Seem to be very popular guys!

In the past week I have sold about 40 - all good feedback!

I have them live on my shop and are included in CS 12% discount that I offer :) (See my trader section)

225 Cup & Williams
It seems to be the lower dogbone mount that varies on the 225's I agree it's a pain in the arse lol

Tbf I'm only planning on changing the upper gearbox mount and the upper engine mount if that's of any help to you?

My opinion on the vibratechnic top engine mount , from another thread (didn't the the powerflex)
After a while (a few months) with the Vibra technic mount, I put back the original for two reasons -
First it vibrates the rear view mirror and compromises the clarity of the view. Not very obvious, the vibration is very high frequency, but if you hold the mirror you can see the difference. Very noticeable sometimes on my G1W camera though to the point where you can't read license plates when you should easily.
And second, as a driver I'm very insensitive to g-forces when accelerating and cornering no matter how hard I drive (new michelin PS3 if you wonder). The brain simply filters it to keep you focused, because it can anticipate the moves. when I'm a passenger I'm very sensitive though. So the super stiff mount made throttle play and gearshifts almost impossible to feel, the oem one (whice is brand new, from ktec), brings the car back to life.
Personally I'd recommend them for people who are serious about track days, getting consistent lap times etc... For those who care more about the feel and fun (the point of this car) I'd go with oem.
Take it as just an opinion though, If you don't feel like me about g-forces when driving, it could be different experience for you.

Clio 172 2002
anyone has any experience with it already ? would love to hear if it eliminated the banging when accelerating hard on low gears.

wonder what would happen to a stock dogbone & left engine mount with this powerflex mount

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
anyone has any experience with it already ? would love to hear if it eliminated the banging when accelerating hard on low gears.

wonder what would happen to a stock dogbone & left engine mount with this powerflex mount

Normally the dogbone is the cause of that.

Be worth changing both to poly.

Clio 172 Cup
Had mine fitted a week now and driven the car 3 to 4 times and have noticed a lot more vibration, dose anyone think this will calm down as the bush settles in?

Clio 172 2002
Question is does it put all the strain on the other mounts ? So dogbone mount and gearbox mount should be reinforced as well, no ? Wonder how cabin resonance on idle is like compared to vibra-technics.

Im asking because i got a 6 months old dogbone mount and already it looks like it's half dead :(

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
Installed mine and whilst firm, there is more vibration inside the car, making it much more of a raw experience. Gear change and power delivery a little firmer though, doesn't feel like the power train is under as much torsion compared with the standard mount.

The drivers side of the engine hardly moves at all now with this installed, I'm thinking I need to do the dog bone now to even things out a bit. I was quite surprised to be honest at how much difference it makes. I like it :)