ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here.

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi, just bought a 1.2 16v clio, and thought i'd sign up to a board and see what other people have.

before i got it i decided i was going to mod it to some extent, and ive been looking at other peoples and so far ive seen the standard suggestions are 15" 172/182 alloys, lower it, and get an rs grille, i think these will be the first few things i do, and then maybe a 172/182 front and rear bumper?

can anyone give em some advice about whether this is the way to go?

Thanks
Dan

Eidt: links would also be helpful, thanks.

No seriously dude I dont mod but loads of people on here do so you are in the right place. Prepare for lots of banter :p

RS 172
Bear in mind that fitting the 172/182 front bumper will either require some custom modification to pull the sides in flush with the non-sport wings, or you will need to fit the 172/182 wings, arches and skirts as well which is a fairly expensive job - the sports are wider that the non-sports. Always looks mint though.

In my opinion the mods you have mentioned would do you well to start with. Colour coding would be next on the cards if I were you. I had my 1.2 colour coded and it looked a different car afterwards.

Clio 1.2 16v
ahh this was the sort of advice i was after! yeah, im not sure what theyre called, but the black bits along the side of the door, but i wasnt sure if it would look right with silver and silver..

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Black strips down teh side of teh car = Bump Strips

If you colour coded all the black stuff, then did teh bullets (the bit on the end of teh bump strip that says 1.2 16v) the same brighter silver that the RS Clios have it wont look out of place :)