ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New lens or GoPro?

In 3 weeks I'm ascending Toubkal in the Atlas mountains, @ 4km up I'd quite like something to capture it all!
Currently have a Panasonic GF-3 with 20mm f/1.7 lens and can't decide whether to get my hands on a Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 UMC FISH-EYE (£225, UK seller) or get a GoPro 3+

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW...ens-/201036056189?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses

I'm not particularly interested in video for this trip (but want to go Spa or the ring later this year!) how does the GoPro handle as an UWA camera? I used to have a HD years ago and never really made the most of it.
The other half has a 1100D & 18-55 combo but not sure we can be bothered to lug it around.

Cupra
The GoPro will allow for no camera controls. The majority of the nice photos that you see have had some major PP done on them. I've not been that impressed with the images of the 3+ at all TBH.

If you aren't interested in video, I'd take the lens.