ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member, Clio 182, wanna make it fly ;) suggestions please.

i really can't see the point in replacing a 206gti with a 182 , very similar type of cars and speed , most won't tell the difference on the road ,especially if a "cautious" driver ....

the leon cupra R suggestion was a much better one for similar money as cheap to map and be quick as they already have boost ........

​seems a silly thing to have done and then ask also , i'd research before buying but then thats me .

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
i really can't see the point in replacing a 206gti with a 182 , very similar type of cars and speed , most won't tell the difference on the road ,especially if a "cautious" driver ....

the leon cupra R suggestion was a much better one for similar money as cheap to map and be quick as they already have boost ........

​seems a silly thing to have done and then ask also , i'd research before buying but then thats me .

​I can see the point, the 206 is a terrible car in all versions

Clio 172 Cup
Where did you get the 225bhp figure from?

My last box did nearly 10K miles on a 258bhp engine including trackdays.

I think turbo power damages them less than the same power N/A as its revving less and these boxes dont seem to like revs.

They are a weak point I agree, but just not with the catchall figure you have put up.

Only done a couple of K on my current box (rebuild with a quaiffe LSD) but it feels perfect still, and thats at over 300bhp and driven very hard.

yeah fair comment i cant be definitive on what power they can handle as im not up athere yet, which is why i suggested someone else tell him i dont have experience of box failure thank god.

let me know when and if your current box fails as i would be interested to know hwo long it will last with big power, i stayed away from boost for this reason.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
yeah fair comment i cant be definitive on what power they can handle as im not up athere yet, which is why i suggested someone else tell him i dont have experience of box failure thank god.

let me know when and if your current box fails as i would be interested to know hwo long it will last with big power, i stayed away from boost for this reason.

Ironically my mildly tuned williams engine got through 8 boxes in two years of trackday abuse, which is far quicker than Im getting through them now.
That was well under 200bhp but used to spend a lot of time at very high RPM (very near to the limiter of 7850 most gear changes) where as mine now I rarely rev over 7K.
Likewise porkies ITB engine I built which does similar RPM, that has munched a couple of boxes.

So I think its as much about RPM, if not more so, than it is about torque.

Ph2 Flamer
Not sure he was going to change his mind when due to pick up the car the next day. He then qualified he isn't interested in a Leon so why persist with the 'buy a different car' comments?

Just about every thread where someone comes on and has, for whatever reason, decided to buy a Clio sport for 27pence and asked for advice on how to make it stupidly fast gets the why didn't you just buy a fast car out the box, why don't you save for a house, why don't you learn to fly, i think you're a knob, if i had your money i'd buy an Enzo comments.

It's a clio sport forum for supposed enthusiasts of clios. You might, as a new member, expect some enthusiasm towards the fact you just bought a clio and want to tinker with it.

Whether the guy wants to do something with a Clio that'll cost him £5k that he could do for the same or less with a different car is pretty well irrelevant. If he was posting in the 'i'm thinking about buying a clio for this reason, what advice can you give me' section then fine, but he hasn't and the question's pretty simple. He's asked for advice on how to make the 182 he is buying/has bought go like stink. So chip in with advice on how to best do that, but why keep on giving it the 'you got the wrong car mate' rubbish when the car he's bought (A Clio Sport) is the car the forum is here for? I'll laugh now if he's told the seller he's not buying and is gonna get a Leon.

P.s. looks like he's given up under the weight of all the enthusiasm for his purchase after 1 day on the forum anyway.