ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New MOT requirements?

Hi all,

My girlfriends MOT is coming up next month and currently her Clio is showing the 'emissions' warning light.

Now because of the new MOT check-list including warning lights, does anyone know if it will fail?

The reason I ask is because it only seems to state specific warning lights and this isn't one of them.

Thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
IF its an emissions light the chances are it will be a lambda sensor. This can throw the emissions out so the car could fail the mot on that rather than the light.

PB Clio 172
as above

Warning lights arent a new thing? My 172 failed last year on a rear fog light not showing on the dash- stupid I know....

Thanks for you responses.

Could this light show because of something to do with the catalytic converter? Kwik-Fit did a bit of a bodge job on this last year I believe.

Because of that there is a knocking sound when you pull away hard in 1st or 2nd gear.

Nissan 350z
Never use KwikFit what the hell were you thinking!? Id recommend you get yourself booked into a proper garage rather than guessing at faults online, knocking noises could be any number of things.

PB Clio 172
Never had any problems with Kwik Fit they have done fantastic jobs on my car over the years, can't knock them :approve:

Clio 172
Won't fail for just having the light on! It was in annex b of the new checklist and none of the annex b have be varified so it's pass and advise on the light. IF it fails on the emissions and the tester cannot see the engine code from under the bonnet then the long em missions test after it fails the bet test first should be set engine code to "other". That is then a pre cat test and almost impossible to fail unless your emissions are miles out. Most testers don't the latter bit but they should as that is how VOSA would test it.