ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New noise, dephaser main suspect

MK2 PH2 02`
hey there,
link to the video
just noticed a new small noise at my engine.
i believe it starts like a few minutes before i took the video and i never noticed it before and I'm pretty aware to those kind of things so it can't be something that happened long ago.
anyway, on the video the engine is warmed up after 10 minutes driving rest for 40 minutes and again driving for 10 minutes (temp is right at the middle as usual) .
at the video the sound is much higher then real.
first i suspect the dephaser, i saw a few vids on youtube and it 5W40. (i do hear from time to time that there are few oils that make the engine make much noisier, is that my case?)
lias
BTW.
I'm planning to do a oil stem seals replacement and since I'm doing it i also gonna do a timing job and replace cam belt, the aux belt, engine mounts and few more.
i was not planning to replace the dephaser but if it just went bad so its exactly the right time ...

thank you all