ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New parts required.

After 35000 miles and about 300 laps of the 'ring, dear old C172 CUP is feeling her age a little.

I'm failry certain her shocks are getting a bit worn and I need a suitable replacement, it doesn't need to be a full race setup, but something a little more hardcore than what I currently have.

Also I've just changed the front right bearing, and after 40 laps it's started making a similar noise....although not quite the same when pushed through left hand bends.

Driveshaft, CV joint....or could it be the bearing again?

I'd always chnage both bearings at once they do wear about even assuming you don't play hit the curb.

As for shocks personally stick with stock or go to expensive stuff ie H and R preferably coilovers.

It's also a daily drive for my Fiance too, so I'm keen not to make it uncomfortable.

Any more ideas on this driveshaft/bearing/CV thingy? Pretty sure it's not the bearing as it got changed just a few days before this noise started.

It's also a daily drive for my Fiance too, so I'm keen not to make it uncomfortable.

Any more ideas on this driveshaft/bearing/CV thingy? Pretty sure it's not the bearing as it got changed just a few days before this noise started.

Did they tigthen the hub nuts etc and center wheel nut?