ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New powerflex arb bush SPLIT!

AB Clio 182 FF
hi all ,

so basically 2 weeks ago i fitted a 2nd hand gearbox (from renparts) and also a new clutch (valeo) , obvs i had to drop the subframe to do this , so while i was there i got some powerflex arb bush's (euro car parts) i fitted these while the sub frame was off the car , about a week ago i developed a knocking noise , got under car made sure all bolts were tight , it was still there .

today i thought i would get it all jacked up, wheels off etc , it looks like the ball joint is knackered and is probably whats causing the knocking , but while investigating i found this:
DSCN0235.jpg

the outer arb bush has split , Could this cause any problems ? could this be playing a part in the knocking im getting ?

all advice welcome

thanks

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Contact Euro Car Parts and get a replacement set / bush and while you are doing that sent an e-mail to poweflex also with pictures of the part and the invoice details of where and when you bought it from.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Mines done the same, took a while for me to find out what the cause of the knocking was.

Not sure where I stand as I bought them 2-3 years ago but were only fitted 2-3 months ago.

Interesting, I've got a knocking from the passenger side and it only really started after I fitted ARB Bushes.

Gonna have to check mine, or get Birchdown too ;)

AB Clio 182 FF
My problem was the ball joint replaced that and knocking had gone , but still gonna get the bush replaced

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
My problem was the ball joint replaced that and knocking had gone , but still gonna get the bush replaced

Just had look at their site and they all have a lifetime warranty, details everything you need to do when contacting them. Will send over an email with photo and see what comes of it.

Worst case is that you spend £10 for a new pair.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Just bought these for mine along with the inners, good to know that they have a life time warranty though.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Got onto Powerflex. Following back and forth email conv. asking me to check dimmensions etc got a set of replacment bushes. Amazingly helpful and knowledgable.

Lionel Richie
check you were supplied the right size as some companies sell the 22mm ones are claim they fit fine, bearing in mind its a 23mm bar LOL!

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
check you were supplied the right size as some companies sell the 22mm ones are claim they fit fine, bearing in mind its a 23mm bar LOL!

Saw your comment about that in another post Fred and checked the receipt. All I'll say now is that I now have a pair of 23mm ones ;)