ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New style "Renault" and "Sport" badges

Da

Less
Don't do it Jamie, not on a MK2.

It doesn't look right nor go with the Clio badge.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I was hoping you were going to the Xmas meet Daz as I had those ph1 172 dials to show you. Well, not fitted. Just wanted your advise :( You coming on the 30th?

Da

Less
Yeah hoped to be there mate, but having issues at the mo :( What advice you after?

If I sort things out I should be there on the 30th yeah.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Nightmare. Well, I got the dials. They'll fit, however I didn't realise ALL but the indicators and stop light are different :( I'm thinking of cutting the dials and putting in place the correct warning light arrangement. But I'm not sure how successful that will be. Esp as it'll mean cutting another set and twice the cost if I f**k it up. I think the cut marks can be hidden as the dial cluster has the silver plasitc circles on the dash if you know what I mean.

Da

Less
Yeah I see what you mean, to be honest I thought it must be a mare or else everyone would have done it :dapprove:

You not considered the Lockwood ones with an RS Sticker made to cover the branding? That's the way I'd go to be honest.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, I'm going that way now. Just I think the lockwood ones in general don't look quite as good. Are the lockwood kits just a bit of plastic which goes on top of the standard kit?

Clio MK 4
SL380593.jpg

182 FF
Both badges off and then a new style renault sport over the holes where the clio badge was is the way forward, the newer style badge is a lot better and more clean cut than the old sh1t 1 they come with

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought some of these new style badges and cannot decide if I should put it on the right and remove Clio altogether, as it does look good, or replace it like for like with new ones.

clio 182
i think it looks much better on the right with the clio badge removed, the clio badge is shocking and ghayyy

Clio 172 RS2
No they don't... only the Clio badge is pressed in through holes.
(if you pop off the hatchback cover it shows! Start in the middle @ wiper motor)

Renault Sport is just pasted on, stickybacked vinyl base.