ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tack tyres options

Clio 200 CUP
So the time has come to replace all four track tyres as I've just worn out the last bit of life from the current set of A048 But what to go for I wouldn't mind another set of A048 buts threre a abit dear for me ATM so what's everybody else rate / best performance for money.

I've just been looking at the AR-1 but can't really find any reviews so is it worth trying the R888'R as I've not used the new version of the r888 or just pay wait and pay for a new set of A048

Thoughts / recommendations welcome or other options after 195-50-15

182 x 6 & Mk4 200
Try the AR1's they are a great tyre on a Clio, get hot and sticky. We are looking to do a back to back test soon so should have some data on the different tyres. We know Yoko A048R are quicker than Direzas and think AR1's are slightly quicker but not by much.

Read the AR1s wear quite quickly due to being a 80 tread wear, whereas the likes of the Toyo R888R wear much better but have a 100 rated tread wear so outright grip maybe slightly less. Best tyre out there is the Kumho V70a but you'll pay for it!

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
I use the r888r's. Car goes very well on then. Fronts are doing 4 track days with my geo setup and rears are like new after 6.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
The new Extreme VR2's are worth a look I've fitted them to my Hillclimb Clio in R5 soft compound and they are brilliant.
R5 would be too soft to do track days on but they do a medium R7 and hard R9 compound too.
Plus they only cost £352 delivered for 4
Rich