ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tax rule

My clio willimas is currently garaged over winter, and as a result tax has lapsed. I havnt declared its off road. When do the new fines come in? Any one have any info on this?

Cheers

Not sure under which offence you could be fined, £80 for not taxing (or declaring SORN) you car under the new rules or the £1000 fine for not declaring SORN under the rules introduced in 1998?

mk2 172

i didnt declare sorn, just got a slapped wrist off the post office when i applied again and there had been a break but no declaration. this was a week ago btw

Skoda Fabia vRS

get it declared ASAP

if i was you id ring the DVLA to let them know about it, at least then it looks like your in the process of getting it sorted out

bit of bummer that new law!

mines due at the end of the month, usually the reminder letter is here by now! so, i aint panikin yet, just will be soon!

It doesnt say there is a time limit to declare sorn though, i checked, so hopefully if i get down PO first thing ill get away with it. Its only been 3 months since i got notification.

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 11 January 2004

It doesnt say there is a time limit to declare sorn though, i checked, so hopefully if i get down PO first thing ill get away with it. Its only been 3 months since i got notification.
On the front of DVLA form V890, it says that the declaration of SORN must be made as soon as the vehicle is taken off the road.

Friend at work garaged her car end of October I think and didnt fill in the SORN declaration. She had a fine come through a couple of weeks ago for £25 so I would register as soon as possible if I were you.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

I let the tax on the Lotus lapse (stored for winter, somthing you dont think about!) and have just sent the SORN thing off today....ran out end of dec....

I once had a fine of £25 for not taxing or declaring SORN, when I came to tax it, I got a letter from DVLA few days later saying I was being fined for the gap between taxing the car....

Paul