ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to detailing where to start??

Clio 182 and Boxster
Hi there, after some advice on what products to start with for detailing.
Thinking about getting a DAS-6 PRO DA Polisher but with so many different pads, polishes etc I'm a bit confused on which ones to get. The first job I would like to do is some paint correction, so products best for this will be very helpful.
Many thanks any help will be greatly appreciated.

Honda & VW
You may struggle to get a 'kind' response fella.... Its a question that's been asked more than "are we nearly there yet".

my advice is to use the 'Search' function and read up on it all.

After you have read this come out of this thread and never return, save you getting offended by other members remarks

Just do tons of research on here, dw and have a look at junkmans videos on YouTube.

The das6 pro is a good choice and I've achieved brilliant results with mine.

Just do your research and after a while you'll know exactly what you need to buy. Hex logic pads and menzerna polish are superb tho.

You'll also need to look into decontaminating the paint. You'll need a tar remover, iron remover and clay before you can start polishing.

When you first get your da don't dive straight in with a cutting pad aiming for correction straight away. Use a finishing pad and a glaze or srp/tripple and just spread the product around to get a feel for the machine.

Feel free to ask questions but all the information you need is already on here and on dw.

It may seem like a lot to learn but once you get your head around it all you'll be fine.

Last edited:
  Clio 182 and Boxster
Thanks guys, I'll do some research on here, wouldn't want to cause myself any grief.