ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New weekend hack = R5 Gt Turbo

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
So after starting this thread and losing the Uno Turbo I kept this car quite until I collected her today.

She is in very good nick for a 24 year old car, interior needs a good clean & OEM seats refitted. But zero rust!!!

Quite laggy with the T28 turbo but once you alter your driving style it's real quick.....

130 mile drive home, drove faultlessly, and it feels the complete opposite of my AMG, driver input 100% at all times!

Couple of pics from the original add.

_5721_zpsdf6c6329.jpg

_5720_zps8472e3ea.jpg

_5716_zps2f9176f3.jpg

_5719_zpsb89ca018.jpg

_5717_zps0bdcc665.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Shame about the Uno Turbo but none the less well done on finding this and it looks amazing.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Meant to be a good'un this one mate, been rebuilt in 2013.

Just get the coilovers wound down a little on the front ;)

Enjoy It pal :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Ayyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Just need to find oem interior + front and rear bumpers than I will be happy, patience though as it will take a while :-(

......... and original red side decals and white mirrors. ;) But as you say all things take time matey :)

Superb!

I think once you settle into 5 ownership and bond with the car you'll realise not getting the uno was a blessing in disguise.

Looks a great find and I'm sure your over the moon with it. Having a few tweaks done is also a bonus because these really do shift with a few mods.

Enjoy it! :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Nice. Personally I'd fit original side decals and get the turbines painted silver with centre caps and would be perfect.

I had my raider photographed with yours at fcs last year - ill dig them out for you
unfortunately I made the mistake of selling mine - very bad move!!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm proper jealous mate, epic car. :cool:

Well done fella, i wouldn't be able to stop driving it. :hail:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Quick pic.

Today so far, cleaned the interior, inner doors, inner boot lid, all water ways etc.

IMG_2504_zps10b09cf0.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Very nice,and no rust is great.

I bet there will be, it likes to hide on these!

None the less, great car. Obviously most of us want to see it returned 100% to factory, then it'll be absolutely spanking. It took me 9 years to get one, then I sold it in 9 months because for me, it didn't live up to the dream :( just so many problems. But, I tried making mine my daily driver which I think is where I went wrong. If it's your bit on the side you should be alright lol... I certainly want to try again one day!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I bet there will be, it likes to hide on these!

None the less, great car. Obviously most of us want to see it returned 100% to factory, then it'll be absolutely spanking. It took me 9 years to get one, then I sold it in 9 months because for me, it didn't live up to the dream :( just so many problems. But, I tried making mine my daily driver which I think is where I went wrong. If it's your bit on the side you should be alright lol... I certainly want to try again one day!

It was rebuilt in 2013, I have the photos ;-)

RB182cup&golf gti
Much much nicer than the Uno IMO, don't care how rare the Uno is. Seriously nice looking car you have there, love it!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Very cool!

My mate is rebuilding his from the ground up after it melted a piston. Hes found so much hidden rust so its taken him far longer than he thought it would.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Got a couple of wanted threads up etc. Just have to sit and wait now!

Not driven the AMG since Sat........

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looks alright. Needs more OEM.

Must be laggy as hell with a T28?

Not as bad as you think. full boost by 4k and perfectly driveable, great fun 30mph onwards.

As for the OEM, I agree, but I was looking for a sorted shell/body so had to compromise somewhere. I will get it back to how it should be in 6 months.