ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new wheels now finished!

Range Rover sport
before collision!!

P011208_2328.jpg

P011208_2333.jpg

after collision
P021208_1519.jpg

Range Rover sport
it is mate! im a pannel beater so body work doesnt concern me can fix it easy!

but something is wrong with either the drive shaft wishbone or something because when i put the wheel on drop the car down and drive the car forward the wheel jus pops forward and moves into the bumper so it makes a horrible scratching noise like metal on metal!

Clio 182
What did you use to do this? im hopefully buying an Albi blue 197 and want the standard wheels but in the anthacite Grey and looks like most refurb places charge around £70 a wheel which is a joke?

Would people recommend DIY or suck it in and pay up?

Also im guessing i would need a base coat then the top spray????? Sorry little bit of a newbie to all this!

Cheers!

Range Rover sport
well im a pannel beater and sprayer so did the job myself within a week or so easy!

just used paint from halfrauds! white primer 3 600ml cans , 7 cans of 350ml of paint! graphite grey! and 3 cans of 600ml laquer

wheels on that side i didnt change and the other two are stil drying! only put two wheels on to go out to take pictures! driving home and crashed soo was abit gutted lol!

well im a pannel beater and sprayer so did the job myself within a week or so easy!

just used paint from halfrauds! white primer 3 600ml cans , 7 cans of 350ml of paint! graphite grey! and 3 cans of 600ml laquer

wheels on that side i didnt change and the other two are stil drying! only put two wheels on to go out to take pictures! driving home and crashed soo was abit gutted lol!
what grades of wet and dry did you use and on what stages mate? looking at doing this myself soon and that looks like a really good job :)

A Flamin' Red one
Probabaly not the most sensible of ideas to drive around with one side of your car set up differently to the other?

Still, it looks good :)