ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New wheels - unexpectedly different?

If anyone was wondering why I've got my 182 Cup alloys up for sale here is the reason.

I got home from Goodwood yesterday and my son told me about a wheel deal he had been offered by a friend in the trade. These were brand new with no mark tyres and a once only offer that I couldn't refuse. After a review of my finances and a bit of weighing up options about needing tyres anyway, I thought why not. Went down and picked them up and fitted them today.

Love how they look and I am so glad that I have not bought a set of bloody Turinis. Never have been a sheep as I think my car testifies.

So hopefully you're all still wondering what chav wheels they are. The spinners are still on their way.

4338591894_c365412981_b.jpg

OZ Super Turismo GTs. Just waiting for the guy to get the carbon centre caps for me and then I'll post up some proper pics. Just not good at keeping secrets. lol.

Think they suit the car so much and they are so much lighter than the old Cup wheels.

Comments welcome. :rasp:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Love them mate, I wouldn't call them chav wheels they are far too expensive for them to afford :p

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Look ok. The reason people fit Turinis is because they look good. I'm yet to see another set of wheels which look better on a Clio Sport 172 or 182. The OZ F1 in 16" also look excellent but I do no rate many others.

They're still 16s and a 45 profile.

Cheers for the positive comments, I'm loving the look and has made me want to keep the car at a time when I was beginning to think about changing the car.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
not usually a fan of these but like them on yours! Maybe lower the back down 10mm or so if you're on coilovers?

Clio 172 RS2
Look ok. The reason people fit Turinis is because they look good. I'm yet to see another set of wheels which look better on a Clio Sport 172 or 182. The OZ F1 in 16" also look excellent but I do no rate many others.

Jamie, i'm assuming also because the Turini's are lighter then standard wheels people choose them and some manufacturers spec. them on certain 'fast cars'. Scooby Impreza's / Mitsu Lancer Evos.

Superleggeras in 16" (7J) weigh 6.4kg...

Better steering response and so on, unsprung weight...blablabla...

On-Top.: Not a fan of that much spokes (radial)... on the Superturismos.
Nonetheless you're happy and that's what counts.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not a fan. Too delicate.

The Turini looks good because it's a hard-looking c*nt. They look too feminine.

Mini Cooper S sport
They do look bigger than 16s. Probably the nicest aftermarket rim after Turinis IMO.

I wonder what they'd look like in black or amphasite (sic).

DMS

A thirsty 172
I quite like them but I think they'll definitely look better with the centre caps. They do look bigger than 16" too.

Renaultsport 220T
Really like them. Need more pics, different angles etc.

Even better in white, for the WRC look. :cool:

v63ihd.jpg

WEB_MINI-SUPERTURISMO_WRC.jpg

206_supertwrc_big.jpg

Even better when they are moving...

Loeb%20-%20Day%201-2.jpg

Last edited:
  White Evo V
Bloody hell they look big for 16"! Look more like 17's! I think they look really smart! DON'T paint them White though on a silver car, just won't look right IMO. They look much better than the standard cup alloys.

J

J182sport

Mine when i had the 182.in MATT black, you got a nice set of wheels!

SL370982.jpg

SL370985.jpg

SL370910.jpg