ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie help

FF Black 182
Hi all, I have purchased a 182 today and its fitted with a decat exhaust, and personally now am 27 am not interested in the noise anymore. So my question is how easy is it to fit a cat where is it located ex..... and will a 172 cat fit?
Cheers BenBen

hi ben welcome to the fourum and in short very easy to fit the cat on a 182 as its a inline cat so 4 bolts 2 at the front 2 at the rear (unless its been sleeved in which case you are pretty shafted ) a 172 cat WONT fit without modification, but the 182 cats normally go 10 a penny on here in the parts for sale section !!

If it has a non genuine or uprated back box / system they may have sleeved the decat to the system , in which case you may need a centre section aswell !

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You need to find out which exhaust/de cat you have and how its all been connected mate?

You may find someone is willing to swap yours for there's is they are after a decat system.

Might be worth putting a wanted thread up if you can't simply unbolt yours or a swap for a 182 cat

FF Black 182
Idealy that's what I would like to do, swap the stainless for a standard if anyone is interested it's a k-tec de-cat, sounds lovely but te wife will hate the noice. Lol

FF Black 182
New mini or old? Picking a cat up on tues when I get the car, the wife won't be with me so just have to boot it and get in going with out the cat. Lol

New mini or old? Picking a cat up on tues when I get the car, the wife won't be with me so just have to boot it and get in going with out the cat. Lol

New mini mate ! vile things !! she saw it and bought it with out me looking because she like the colour!! (bit silly when your boyfriends a mechanic ) but apparently i pick holes in everything :p (IMO just finding things that need replacing) Well long story short that cost her big time cause shes had nothing but issues with the car !!

Haha make the most out of the cat being off before you swap it ?? lol hope its all good have you managed to look at the back joint on the decat ?

FF Black 182
I don't pick the car up till Tuesday mate, so going to get in on so Ramps Tuesday aft and see how easy it will be to replace, watching a cat and cat bolts on eBay so there ready to purchase ASAP, plus the money is there after writing my last car off.......... :-(

I don't pick the car up till Tuesday mate, so going to get in on so Ramps Tuesday aft and see how easy it will be to replace, watching a cat and cat bolts on eBay so there ready to purchase ASAP, plus the money is there after writing my last car off.......... :-(

Ahh sorry to hear about the last car :( never a nice experience !! was it a bad one? your fault or somebody elses?

Hopefully all come off pretty straight forward for you !! bet your excited for tomorrow now then?

FF Black 182
Yah carnt wait. I HAD a 2010 plate Leon TDI, I was coming round a blind corner and it was snowing. Hit some black ice and went into the back of a POLICE CAR, which was parked in the middle of the road didn't see it till last min. By that time too late, tried turning braking nothing happened all I could do was brace. Wrote the Leon off and made the police car 2 inch shorter and a twisted chassis. But there not claiming on my insurance, cos there car wasn't registered was a emergency vehicle.

Yah carnt wait. I HAD a 2010 plate Leon TDI, I was coming round a blind corner and it was snowing. Hit some black ice and went into the back of a POLICE CAR, which was parked in the middle of the road didn't see it till last min. By that time too late, tried turning braking nothing happened all I could do was brace. Wrote the Leon off and made the police car 2 inch shorter and a twisted chassis. But there not claiming on my insurance, cos there car wasn't registered was a emergency vehicle.

Sounds like it could of been alot worse mate !! youll miss the MPG of the leon i bet !!! clio will make you smile though !!

FF Black 182
Yeah it was good 55mpg. But I live in B road county (north Yorkshire) so I think the 182 will defo put a smile on my face. Only slight injury got was a bruised shoulder from the seat belts. Tried loading a photo up but won't let me on the iPad.