ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with a phase 1 Clio 172

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Hi there,

I thought i'd finally join the club, after owning R5 GT Turbos for years i part exchanged 1 for the Clio. I've owned my phase 1 Clio 172 over 2 years and in that time it's gone from a std Odyssey Blue 172 to a track prepped Clio. Always on the lookout for 2nd hand parts or the cheapest places new. I'm based in Thundersley Essex, i noticed there's a Southend meet too so i'll have a look at the thread.

Rich

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Thanks for the welcome, i'm just finding my way round the site. I have loads of pics of how the Clio has been changed from std to how it is now, i think i'll upload 2-3 in the media section then do a brief summary in the project section. I have a shopping list of parts i'd like to buy, i'm also undecided whether to actually keep the blue Clio and get a Silver phase 1 or even go phase 2 but for now i'll carry on enjoying it

Evo 6, E92 320d
This place is pretty accurate, and it's worth a check to make sure everything is running as it should and give a base figure for anything you may do in the future, plus the ph1's seem to give the best results:)

phase 1 172 sport
HI Richard stay on RTOC as most of cliosport seem to be on there met most of cliosport at the RTOC national day at mallory.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
This place is pretty accurate, and it's worth a check to make sure everything is running as it should and give a base figure for anything you may do in the future, plus the ph1's seem to give the best results:)

I did have it RR'd at Powerstation and it was spot on 171PS, however i am working on a homebrew airbox at the moment with a cold air feed either to the passenger side foglight or to the slats under the passenger headlight. It might make a difference along with the K Tec stealth exhaust

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
HI Richard stay on RTOC as most of cliosport seem to be on there met most of cliosport at the RTOC national day at mallory.

Hi Bod, will always be on RTOC and should be at Mallory too. Just thought it was time to join CS to see what's going with the 172s and what people have done to them

phase 1 172 sport
good stuff mate got myself a silver phase 1 172 w reg ally bonnet and all that work in progress done cadwell and snetterton so far prefer it to the 182 cups TBH.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
good stuff mate got myself a silver phase 1 172 w reg ally bonnet and all that work in progress done cadwell and snetterton so far prefer it to the 182 cups TBH.

Keep me posted when you're looking at doing trackdays mate, is the silver Clio stripd out track style well then?

phase 1 172 sport
Keep me posted when you're looking at doing trackdays mate, is the silver Clio stripd out track style well then?

had a half cage made up and powdercoated direct from CAGED as the group buy on CS went pear shaped,two cobra buckets fitted and back stripped out,has GAZ gold coilovers but getting rid of them as i have a full clio cup race car suspension set up from TCR and R SPORT to fit.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Sounds good, i've been on the lookout for a cage a while now, 2nd hand would be nice to keep the cost down. Was qouted £800 for a Safety Devices cage but didn't have the cash to splash out on it

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I put two 70mm feeds under the headlight on my past two ph1's, freed it up a tad.

The airbox i'll use is from a Renault 21 turbo, it has a 100mm outlet which will run direct either under the headlight, to the front bumper or to the foglight. The other end is 72mm which will run to the inlet via flexi pipe

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
i wouldnt of bothered, its full of people who will shoot you down for not buying the right brand stuff and if you dont clean your car enough ;-p

Evo 6, E92 320d
The airbox i'll use is from a Renault 21 turbo, it has a 100mm outlet which will run direct either under the headlight, to the front bumper or to the foglight. The other end is 72mm which will run to the inlet via flexi pipe

I see, same as the espace v6 box then.