ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

News to me...

Barge
Right, a while back in March some irriot in his big 3 Series decided to reverse into me... On a roundabout (yep, figure that one). It's a long story involving pool cars, him stalling, not knowing his gear box and an auto-start button.

Anyway, it scratched all the front of the 18shed around the number plate and above those little venty things below the diamond quite badly - and with it being black it looked terrible (I am so f**king unlucky - tell me about it). He admitted he was at fault and gave me his details. I went to the Renault body shop for a quote on fixing it, which came in at £333 (noice!) so I gave him that. I'd also been to a local detailing place to see if it would polish out, they tried and because it'd gone down to the primer they couldn't do anything. The geezer said he'd just go through his work insurance - fair enough I thought.

Anyway, to cut a long story short the bodyshop have had my car fecking ages, because apparently it needed a new bumper - Whaaat!? Literally these were scratches only, I'd have thought they would just correct and respray the area and cushty - as it appeared nothing more the cosmetic scratches.

So today I asked them why it is taking so long. Renault apparently don't supply front bumpers without the splitter attached. Well by gosh I said, that's news to me! And it's taking so long because they had to wait for the bumper to arrive, and then the splitter - which they don't supply separately, y'know. I asked them why it needed a new bumper anyway and he ignored that part (LOL), also asked why he couldn't just remove the splitter from the old bumper... "It's stapled on".

So, the fact Renault won't supply bumpers without a splitter has to be the most laughable thing I've heard today. Along with the stapled comment. :D I'm pretty sure that is bulls**t chatter.

I'm sick of the DCR Astra. :dapprove:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
That's bullshit.

None of them EVER came fitted from the factory.

Barge
He couldn't lie for toffee either, no conviction in anything he was saying. I'm pretty sure he knew I knew he was telling bad ones.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well I hope he shows you the old bumper. (You cant keep it, that s**t is probably on ebay)

Barge
Can you keep the original bumper + splitter?

When they ring me up about getting it back I'm going to ask. Haha!

I don't think it's even had one, Tom. Or if it has they've only said it needs one to get more money out of his insurers.