ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Next Gen/PC] GTA V

There's torrents up already and the comments are a funny read. Someone uploaded what you can pre download from steam. Thousands of downloads later people bitching there's no crack.

Same as addicted. Would like a physical copy to add to the rest but I reckon steam will get on it and include the workshop so will want mods from that.

2014 Focus Titanium
Lol - wonder how long it will be before they sell games on USB sticks

I guess they can't go to download only because of poverty connections out in the sticks etc
I was thinking this. I would have thought USB sticks will be on the horizon soon.

tbh, unless it's USB3 it'll be slow as f**k, and then they probably can't match the costs of a couple of bluray's.

Though let's face it, bandwich is no longer such an issue we'll probably see everything becoming digital download soon enough.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It saddens me that there are so many inconsiderate f**kers who can't even be bothered to buy a legit version of what is an amazing game (in terms of gameplay, scale and use of technology). Seeing it on torrent sites and with so many folks wanting 'free' or 'cracked' versions really boils my pish.

2014 Focus Titanium
It saddens me that there are so many inconsiderate f**kers who can't even be bothered to buy a legit version of what is an amazing game (in terms of gameplay, scale and use of technology). Seeing it on torrent sites and with so many folks wanting 'free' or 'cracked' versions really boils my pish.
Don't worry mate, the cracked/pirate scene for PC games is f**k all nowadays because they can never be played online due to Steam/Origin/whatever authentication. Anyone who is serious about the game is forced to buy it so it's all good!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Finally got my video up! 'GTA V PC: Everything you Need to Know'.
A lot of time went it to this, even the damn thumbnail took long!

Enjoy!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Many people played this on PC yet? Downloaded it last night and will give it a go when I get in later, work.. always getting in the way of things :(

Many people played this on PC yet? Downloaded it last night and will give it a go when I get in later, work.. always getting in the way of things 😧

Finishing DL now :smile:.

Had a nightmare yesterday with it, bought it from the Brazilian store for £20, rockstar launcher so slow at downloading, so downloaded it through other means, but this morning my PC had decided to reboot during the copy across from my file server, so today I was just downloading it through rockstar again!

Just getting a 353Mb patch, then should be good to go.

Lol no not Nvidia, and already got my AMD drivers :wink:

TDyqvub.png

I'm gooooooooood!

Yep that's it - Install Hola in chrome, go to Nuuvem, make an account (without Hola enabled), then once made and verified, login and switch Hola to Brazil VPN, checkout and boom, GTA5 for £20 :smile:.

It's not region locked whatsoever :smile:.
All done :cool: £20.55, Download the rockstar app thingy doodah and paste in the code?

Titanium 182
How is everyone getting on performance wise?

I'm running x2 7850 (2gb each) 8gb ram, i5 2500k and Windows 7.

First play was on pretty much the highest settings apart from textures on normal. As soon as I got to the city I was getting drops down to around 20fps making it pretty unplayable but then got the latest AMD beta drivers and now I've not seen anything below 35. Seem to be getting around 45 - 60, would love those textures on full though but not got the hardware lol.

As far as the game is concerned, love it! Really has that GTA IV 'feel' but on steroids. GFX are amazing considering the sheer size and complexity of the game. Not really done any story line yet, bought some guns with my free $500000 and just been getting into some silly shootouts.

How is everyone getting on performance wise?

I'm running x2 7850 (2gb each) 8gb ram, i5 2500k and Windows 7.

First play was on pretty much the highest settings apart from textures on normal. As soon as I got to the city I was getting drops down to around 20fps making it pretty unplayable but then got the latest AMD beta drivers and now I've not seen anything below 35. Seem to be getting around 45 - 60, would love those textures on full though but not got the hardware lol.

As far as the game is concerned, love it! Really has that GTA IV 'feel' but on steroids. GFX are amazing considering the sheer size and complexity of the game. Not really done any story line yet, bought some guns with my free $500000 and just been getting into some silly shootouts.

Everything on Max as far as I'ma aware, which is surprisingly impressive considering I haven't touched the PC for over a year!

Looks nice, only running 1080p, may give Eyefinity a go at some point and see how slaughtered I get.

2x 290 (watercooled, overclocked)
i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz
16gb RAM, etc etc.

I've done 12% of the story so far, getting to the point of 3 characters then I'll go explore etc. Only got to 30% on the PS3 before getting pissed off with the GFX and not playing it since, so I decided to start again as it's for the best. Having fun so far.

If you wanna add me on Social Club - add1ct3dd

Titanium 182
Wow x2 290 lol, 8gb video ram?! Not surprised you max it out lol. I'll add you tonight!

Maybe we could start a CS Social Club username list going?

1. add1ct3dd
2. jakeyc

Wow x2 290 lol, 8gb video ram?! Not surprised you max it out lol. I'll add you tonight!

Maybe we could start a CS Social Club username list going?

1. add1ct3dd
2. jakeyc

Haha yeah, but I tend to only use the one as imo crossfire is a load of pants, often it performs worse than a single card!!

Luckily, it's not the case in this game! Though with Crossfire, although it's 8gb ram I think it only classes as 4, because it dupes whatevers on the first card, they just share the processing. :) So 4gb, but still, 2x gpu processing!

Titanium 182
I was expecting much more performance when I picked up my second 7850 but I barely got an extra 5fps in Dying Light. From what I have read though I am seeing a good 10-20 fps on GTA V than a single 7850 so yea, looks like the optimised this game very well, especially the beta drivers!

Need to get to lvl 12 asap! Those heists look brilliant.

Titanium 182
Still setting up my drivers etc.
Only have a single card!!
GTX 670 @ 2gb
I-7 @3.5ghz
16gb Ram

Think you should see a pretty good performance with just the 1 card, it's alot better than my single 7850 and I can run it quite well on a single!

Stick your IGN down on the list pal

1. add1ct3dd
2. jakeyc

Titanium 182
Yea the benchmarking is completely bugged. Does the same thing for me, in fact the second time I tried to run it the game crashed, mspaint opened up and then my PC bluescreened

Titanium 182
Don't expect much success though... apparently it's like this for everyone. Also an issue with mouse acceleration has been identified. The higher the framerate the lower the mouse acceleration, causing some strange inputs when driving at speed etc. Think there will be a few patches released over the next few weeks!

Titanium 182
Yea can't wait to see what they'll do with this! I bet there will be some crazy servers established!

am I right in thinking the best way to spend my $500000 would be an apartment, some modded weapons and the armored car?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I was expecting much more performance when I picked up my second 7850 but I barely got an extra 5fps in Dying Light. From what I have read though I am seeing a good 10-20 fps on GTA V than a single 7850 so yea, looks like the optimised this game very well, especially the beta drivers!

Need to get to lvl 12 asap! Those heists look brilliant.

The whole multi-GPU thing varies massively on make, model and drivers. My single GTX690 (which is two GTX680 GPUs on one card) played one of the later Metro games brilliantly - with most of the bells and whistles on. Then bit by bit (over a period of about 10 minutes) - the game got progressively slower and choppy - to a point were I couldn't aim properly. Then if I quit the level and went back to the main menu and retried, it was nice and smooth again..... for a while. It sounds like a texture memory issue that for me. Even though the 690 has a total of 4GB onboard, it probably wasn't flushing the memory correctly to import the next sequence of textures.

Picked up another GTX690 earlier this week - so effectively I'm SLi'ing a card that's already SLi'd :tongueout: I'd heard lots of ifs & butts with what is effectively quad-SLi - but touch wood, I've been ok so far and the difference in Warframe alone is significant. I will try Metro again and see if that weird slow-down returns now that there's 8GB of memory on tap. From what I've read - a lot is dependant upon the game and the engine that it runs upon. Some games even show twin 690's out-performing four GTX Titans. Apparently the engine used in the Battlefield series of games benefits from SLi significantly - so some extra clout in BF4 won't go amiss!

Fingers crossed that it remains super-smooth and super consistent over other games too - GTAV definitely being one of those.

Titanium 182
Yea my cards play BF4 with ease! I think in a few months I will drop both cards and pick up a single GPU to be honest! Very hit and miss, I thought the whole crossfire / sli solution had been fully resolved before I purchased lol. Don't think I'll be playing many other games for a long time now I've got GTA V though!

What's your IGN Darren?

Yea can't wait to see what they'll do with this! I bet there will be some crazy servers established!

am I right in thinking the best way to spend my $500000 would be an apartment, some modded weapons and the armored car?

Check into shares - on some missions you can end up with a s**t load of money by investing the money and then selling out after doing a mission - I'd do that rather than buying anything :smile:

Iirc, if you do it right, even if you started at 0, you can end up with $40mil per char, however starting at 500k you'll make even more!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I will try Metro again and see if that weird slow-down returns now that there's 8GB of memory on tap.
Hi mate, sadly the 8GB of memory on tap is a bit misleading due to the way GPU's in SLI work... You only have an effective 2GB of VRAM per GPU available. Hence, any game that approaches or exceeds that will result in performance issues. :( In a nutshell, the VRAM across GPU's is NOT a shared pool. Hence each card effectively has to have it's own copy of data (be it textures, shaders, etc.) Yep - it sucks.