ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My 360 Elite is silent. Always been impressed. Any pics of the new consoles IRL?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Has anyone read any of the comments on the "My Xbox or PS is broken" blogs? Fudge me folk have some hatred for small plastic gaming boxes. When did it get to this stage?

Any pics of the new consoles IRL?

Few I took today. Not great.

11000757254_4509b2c3f3_b.jpg

11000602625_6c6ac44d15_b.jpg

11000822073_bd202f5f2e_b.png

11000762004_4565f70c56_b.jpg

Mini JCW
Wonder if the same hype and hysteria applied to the PS4 launch in the US is applicable here...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/xbox-one-early-adopters-reporting-hardware-problems

One of IGN's office machines suffers from the same disc drive problem many have reported. When a disc is inserted, the Xbox One makes a grinding noise, but the disc is unaffected. However, Xbox One won't read any game discs. "Sorry, we can't play the disc," a notification says. "Try an Xbox One game, a music CD, or a movie on Blu-ray or DVD."

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
1 millions Xbox Ones sold on day one. So definitely looks like there were more supply constraints for MS.

AK

M240i
There's only 1 review on that Amazon page that is verified, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
After last week's reviews of the PS4 I think I'll take every Amazon review with a pinch of salt lol.

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225 Quattro
Less bad reviews than the PS4 lol.

Not really, the PS4 reviews came from the us amazon site ( http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Cons...iewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending ) and if you look at the same site for the 720 then you will see it has over 200 1 stars already after 24hrs and plenty are verified purchases...

But yes the system is open to major abuse so probably not the best place to go for an answer :( Unfortunately from looking in the 720 thread I see 2 on here have got broken consoles as well but maybe they are lies as well:dapprove:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Not really, the PS4 reviews came from the us amazon site ( http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Cons...iewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending ) and if you look at the same site for the 720 then you will see it has over 200 1 stars already after 24hrs and plenty are verified purchases...

But yes the system is open to major abuse so probably not the best place to go for an answer :( Unfortunately from looking in the 720 thread I see 2 on here have got broken consoles as well but maybe they are lies as well:dapprove:
whats this 720 you refer to?

Is it because its twice as good as the 360 was?

I can understand that, it is very good, and the games look stunning, lets hope the uk models are japanese for the PS4, or there could be a significant number of disappointed children on here getting duff consoles.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
whats this 720 you refer to?

Is it because its twice as good as the 360 was?

I can understand that, it is very good, and the games look stunning, lets hope the uk models are japanese for the PS4, or there could be a significant number of disappointed children on here getting duff consoles.

The 720 is a new console from MS , It was intended to be better than the 360 but seems they f**ked up along the way and it barely better than the 360 let alone next gen;)

I do hope my PS4 is from China, would love to support their booming economy:cool:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The 720 is a new console from MS , It was intended to be better than the 360 but seems they f**ked up along the way and it barely better than the 360 let alone next gen;)

What are you basing this on?

I presume you haven't watched the PS4 XBO BF4 comparison vid?

XBO reviews also seem more positive than the PS4 reviews.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
lets hope the uk models are japanese for the PS4, or there could be a significant number of disappointed children on here getting duff consoles.

To be fair from a completely unbiased point of view, the majority of "fanboys" throwing around insults and slating consoles are the Xbox lot. I have seen very few PS "fanboys" that actually seem to care.

* i use the term "fanboys" loosely

dk

911 GTS Cab
Game still won't tell me whether I have a launch day ps4 or not, I ordered a few days after the deadline so have a 'phase 2’.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Game still won't tell me whether I have a launch day ps4 or not, I ordered a few days after the deadline so have a 'phase 2’.

I'm still waiting for an email from them regarding my bundle. I pre ordered Kill zone & Drive Club but since Drive Club is delayed, I'm waiting for a replacement game/alternative option.
I nipped in my local store and they just said to wait for an email. I just missed out on phase one, but apparently, they have a shipment due in two days after launch for phase two. Not sure how much truth is in that though!
She did mention going in to pay for it before launch so when my console/bundle is ready, I can just go and give them the card and walk out with it ready. Think I'll pass on that idea though and pay on collection.

dk

911 GTS Cab
My store had their initial allocation in yesterday they told me, and they too said that phase 2 would be very soon after launch day.

I opted for pay on collection, and when I got there there was a big queue, I got pulled into the shop to pay and though bonza, I won't have to queue, unfortunately, after I'd paid I was sent to the back of the queue....... It did move quickly though, was only in it for about 10 mins. You went to the back of the store with a raffle ticket number and they handed you a bag with your console in.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think I will nip in on my day off mid week and see whats going on. I'm not sure what to do about the extra game, although as I've not paid anything, i suppose I can decide on the day.
I'm not massively fussed when I get the console as I'll be working pretty flat out until gone xmas anyway so will have very little time to play.

DB.

BMW 440i
Really, glad you are upset mong.

Upset? Lol I think you overestimate the effectiveness of your stupidity. I'm buying neither the XBO or PS4 any time soon, I'll let them both settle in first and see how they are received. No rush, don't play on my current console that much anymore.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Xbox One sold twice as many units as the old 360 did on launch day. Thats not a lot considering the 360 only sold 70,000 units back on 5th December 2005 however, pretty limited supply is meant to have lead to this.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm sure the PS4 will outsell the XBO on launch but I have no idea why. PS3 was utter tripe and the PS4 release lineup is w**k.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
and probably because its the cheaper of the 2 this time around. For a lot of people, it simply does come down to that.

Mini JCW
I'm sure the PS4 will outsell the XBO on launch but I have no idea why. PS3 was utter tripe and the PS4 release lineup is w**k.

Because it's not always about launch titles.

Also i'd say calling the PS3 tripe is a little harsh - it came into it's own towards the end of the last generation with titles such as 'The last of us' and the Unchartered series.

Last edited:
and probably because its the cheaper of the 2 this time around. For a lot of people, it simply does come down to that.

I agree. Most will have jumped from the 360 after the original announcement too, and haven't looked back.

They are both amazing consoles in their own right.

Revels Mum & Sister
As above. It depends what you want out of a console as well. I have always prefferred the XBOX Interface etc. However I will eventually get a PS4 at some point next year when some exclusive killer titles come out.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
My decision was made because of the people I play with, zero point in me buying an Xbox. Although it does look okay tbf and I want Forza :(

SWET ftw

Mine also pretty much for this reason. All my Xbox 360 friends are going PS4 this time round. Also, looking forward to more titles from Naughty Dog after the awesomeness that was The Last of Us.