ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next step?

Clio 182
Hi guys

Got my service coming up and I'm considering some more engine work at the same time but i'm not sure what to do next or what would give me the most gains for my money.

So far I have Cams, ITG panel filter, SMT6 piggy back chip, Prospeed cat back exhaust and a matched manifold.

Would I get much benefit from some headwork? or removing the SMT chip and having the standard ECU remapped with an RS tuning map?

I don't want a decat ( i had one and it felt less responsive also my insurance company said they would not cover me with one fitted)

I dont think I could stretch to throttle boddies!!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul.

GDI'd Clio 182
an RS tuning map would be perfect, and the samco inlet pipe if you wanna increase the aire intake to your engine. thats what i did along with the itg panel filter. the yellow one

Image031.jpg

Last edited:
  Ph1
Unless your going to go for wilder cams and a stand alone i wouldnt bother.

Making your car lighter would be the way to go imo

Clio 182
Unless your going to go for wilder cams and a stand alone i wouldnt bother.

Making your car lighter would be the way to go imo

I don't think i'll go the lighter route. Its my only car which I use for work/weekends away etc etc...

Benr I've been thinking about getting the RStuning map for a while. My idle can be a bit lumpy sometimes and thought that scrapping the SMT6 would be the way forward.

I was not 100% on what I would achieve by scrapping it though. Is there a chance I could actually lose power or torque? or in your experience its a must change to get the most out of my setup?

I had the SMT6, Cams etc.. done at GDI and I think you did my manifold match? can't remember it was 20 months ago!!

Could you PM me a price to remove my SMT6 chip and replace it with Paul's map? Thanks

Paul

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
its not a blue cup is it? I only ask becase i see a blup cup thats very quick parked near the BP garage in Dunstable/Luton

Clio 182
its not a blue cup is it? I only ask becase i see a blup cup thats very quick parked near the BP garage in Dunstable/Luton

No thats not me. I do live in that area though. I've seen a blue cup round that area with big Cup stickers plastered down the side. (not to my taste but each to their own) I've only ever seen it parked though. Mine's silver and totally standard looking (except from a small GDI sticker on the back).

The only weight loss items I may consider would be wheels and maybe reclining recaros. I've seen some wheels on the Ktec website I quite like.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP

No thats not me. I do live in that area though. I've seen a blue cup round that area with big Cup stickers plastered down the side. (not to my taste but each to their own) I've only ever seen it parked though. Mine's silver and totally standard looking (except from a small GDI sticker on the back).

The only weight loss items I may consider would be wheels and maybe reclining recaros. I've seen some wheels on the Ktec website I quite like.

year the stickers are not to my taste too. silver..... doesthe reg it end in GUD