ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nice Civic EP3

Tracking shot.. Tracking shot.. Wide angle tracking shot.. super close up.. Shaky tracking shot. Video makes me sick :dead:.

Lovely car though. Have a soft spot for the EP3. Considered buying one when i was looking for my clio but i couldn't find a decent example.

300bhp and naturally aspirated? How is that possible? Genuine questions as I know nothing about these engines and what is possible.

Video is God awful.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
they've got some cracking video's those guys.

remember reading about that ep3 in Honda tuner, always had a soft spot for the ep3's

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
300bhp and naturally aspirated? How is that possible? Genuine questions as I know nothing about these engines and what is possible.

Video is God awful.

Well 240bhp is pretty simple on a K20 with an Exhaust/Filter/Manifolds/KPro (On TDI's Rollers :p)

I think his is basically a Toda Catalogue including the 2.1 Stroker kit and Individual Throttle Bodies

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
TDI north are very good at these conversions.

Video is a bit cack but its a nice car all the same.

Countryman JCW
I agree 300bhp is a lot from NA, my mate said 250 is easy to get from exhaust, gruppe m induction kit, RBC intake, and K-pro?

Just think this civic looks/sounds great

Video is God awful.

By spending a lot of money.

Lol at 300bhp. The way that moves, it's looks like it only has near to standard power, especially as its stripped out I'd expect something much more.

Lol! As kpowell said it's got loads of toda engine parts.

I agree 300bhp is a lot from NA, my mate said 250 is easy to get from exhaust, gruppe m induction kit, RBC intake, and K-pro?

Interesting! I had no idea you could get power out of them that easily.

300NA sounds a lot, would be keen to see the spec sheet to find out what's been done.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Interesting! I had no idea you could get power out of them that easily.

300NA sounds a lot, would be keen to see the spec sheet to find out what's been done.

Bout £10ks worth of Toda bits :)

Dunno if it has a K24 Bottom end aswell?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Heres a spec list

Its a sleaved 2.15 block with fast road cams
Toda ITB setup with 33mm trumpets and surge tank
GM intake
Toda manifold
Unsilenced B-Pipe
HKS backbox
ID injectors
Hondata Kpro mapped Alpha-N by me.
Lightened flywheel and Stage 2 clutch
Wavetrac LSD

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
photo5sv.jpg

photo3ert.jpg

photo1ecq.jpg

photo2oebh.jpg

picture016ac.jpg

Ended up making over 285bhp and 200ft/lb and only limited to 8500 with the power still climbing. Motors only got about 400 miles on it so get a few more on I will re-visit the map and wind it right up to its full potential.

This is just copy and paste, not my work or opinions

Interesting set up, I like the way the air feed leads to the TB location, unusual. In Clio terms it is kinda like a RS2/ITB hybrid thing (if that makes any sense).

I really like type R's, was perving over Ben's JDM one today at CSS.

FF Clio 182 Silver
300bhp is definitely achievable n/a, i recently sold my k24 ep3 which was about 240-250bhp with an oem build, with a bit more money you could get close to 300 before even looking into ITB's with a 2.4, although as said this guys just bought over toda basically!