ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No H&R's

clio 172
Right

the perfect suspension set-up for me goes on.

H&R's are definately a no no UNLESS i tumble across some secound hand one

BUT

If not the H&R's then what set up would you go for. a 172 (mk 2 preferably)

I think i'm starting to lean towards koni suspension but not sure what springs to go with ( and yes i want it low, lower than my sportline setup).

BUDGET 600

opinion please

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Konis and some good springs should be OK imo. Steer away from Apex, they are rubbish, too crashy etc. I would have suggested sportlines but you already have them?

If you want LOW and decent ride then you need a larger budget. Personally I wouldnt touch adjustable suspension, be that adjustable shocks or coilovers, unless I was going to have them properly setup.

woteva u get dont get gaz... ive had some for a month and they were a waste of £500. anybody else had probs with em?

Mondeo TDCI 130
You only want height adjustable, ride adjustment is pointless unless your a hardcore track *****!

as for being hard = no pain, no gain??

oh..take it he dont like em then?! nah they are shite.. can feel nothin through the steering but bumps..are h+r's really that good then?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ha!!! w**k lol, i HATED them!!!!! Far too crashy and hard on any setting. I found them noisy in operation too, very clunky. Ruined the car tbh. Changed them for some H&R's and the difference is night and day! Soooo refined etc (fitted to a 172 Cup BTW)

haha yea very true!! i spose il start saving for the H+R'S then. theres some on ebay at the min.. think theryre for 182 and not 172 tho
:(

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
as for being hard = no pain, no gain??

No PRIDE in AIR RIDE :cool: koni's are good prob be best bet for a set instead of mixing n matchin dampers n springs are made to work with each other in a set Blistiens are good