ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No more hosepipe ban (R32 content)

Mk4 .:R32
Wahoo, finally can clean my car properly again. The hosepipe ban is officially lifted.

So what better way to celebrate than to spend a couple of hours cleaning the .:R

Diiirty

DSC_1072.jpg

DSC_1074.jpg

DSC_1076.jpg

After

DSC_1077.jpg

DSC_1080.jpg

DSC_1082.jpg

DSC_1084.jpg

A duck

DSC_1087.jpg

DSC_1088.jpg

DSC_1092.jpg

DSC_1095.jpg

DSC_1096.jpg

DSC_1099.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome

Nice car, shame they are so slow! :(

Hmm I wouldn't say it was slow at all. low 6s to 60 is still good for a standard hot hatch.

It's not trying to be a supercar or whatever. Yes it's a 3.2 V6, but it's an NA engine, and weighs quite a lot.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hmm I wouldn't say it was slow at all. low 6s to 60 is still good for a standard hot hatch.

It's not trying to be a supercar or whatever. Yes it's a 3.2 V6, but it's an NA engine, and weighs quite a lot.

My 172 is faster than a R32 with a miltek :( Its still a lovely machine don't get me wrong, I just thought they where quicker!

My 172 is faster than a R32 with a miltek :( Its still a lovely machine don't get me wrong, I just thought they where quicker!

That's subjective cos the person you were racing could be a sh*t driver.

On paper they are faster. Ok in real life things don't work out as they necessarily do on paper. But it's 4WD, has about 90lb ft more torque than a 172 and has about 20 bhp extra per ton.

std vs std from a standing start it would be pretty evens upto 60, then 60-100+ the R32 would start pulling away. In theory, depending mainly on the driver

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
That's subjective cos the person you were racing could be a sh*t driver.

On paper they are faster. Ok in real life things don't work out as they necessarily do on paper. But it's 4WD, has about 90lb ft more torque than a 172 and has about 20 bhp extra per ton.

std vs std from a standing start it would be pretty evens upto 60, then 60-100+ the R32 would start pulling away. In theory, depending mainly on the driver

Cba to argue about it but DannyR was driving who has done a s**t load of track days and a very good driver, I would much MUCH rather be in an R32 than mine tho lol! :)

keo

Clio Trophy
I have never seen a R32 in this colour looks realy nice. They sound good as well V6 burrble :)

Golf R soon...
Lovely stuff! Still loved mine!

That is the colour I really wanted but couldn't find for the right price. Settled for black in the end.

I do like black. There's a chap on R32oc that has a black one and he must have spent £25,000+ on it. I think it's HPA twin turbo, coilovers, RS4 big brakes, BBS wheels etc etc. Miiint

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cracking colour mate, loving the decals on the mirrors, aftermarket mod or standard.

Like little touches.

Skoda fabia Vrs
My friend had 2 brand new mk5 gti's with a bmw m3 in between them and he then got a 06 plate r32 and was boring!! sounded good but that was it to be honest!

What a comfortable cruiser though ftw!:cool: Nice colour that is though flarmer

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The only MkIV I'd have. The noise alone is worth the weight penalty over the Clio.

That colour makes your car though. Just awesome.

My friend had 2 brand new mk5 gti's with a bmw m3 in between them and he then got a 06 plate r32 and was boring!! sounded good but that was it to be honest!

What a comfortable cruiser though ftw!:cool: Nice colour that is though flarmer

Yeah the sound is pretty epic with the milltek! Especially in a built up area. I can see why most see it as boring, most german cars that are sub 25k brand new are generally just a solid runner. I like it though, and funnily enough I don't even like the 'regular' mkIV golfs (GTi, TDi, anniversary editions etc). The wheels, seats, bodykit and sound make it so much nicer imo

The only MkIV I'd have. The noise alone is worth the weight penalty over the Clio.

That colour makes your car though. Just awesome.

The weight is by far it's biggest downfall. Makes tuning expensive (to make any kinda of difference) and also makes it much more difficult to turn into into a nimble machine around corners.

If asthetically it remained exactly the same but was 150kg lighter, and had an extra 25bhp out of the box it'd be perfect

Surely there are ways of pulling some weight of them behind the scenes?

I do love these, not for the pace as I regard them as slow, more of a complete package I think.

I also much prefer this shape over the new ones.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol a 172 will be muuuuch quicker...Joker! The driver will be the difference. Theyre hardly slow. R32's are awesome and you have the best colour. Good skills