ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No revs...

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Afternoon....

Out this morning for a drive and car will now not REV above 3500/4000RPM in any gear - its like it hits a brick wall and no matter how hard I keep the throttle depressed - nothing?

There are no warning/emissions lights on.

Any thoughts? All oils and fluids were chnaged 2 weeks ago and Cam Belt done over a month ago.

Tim

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
OBD is just picking up same error code its always had since I bought it - Transmission fluid temperature sensor or something....

Engine sounds fine but won't REV past 4000rpm....needle just bounces and actually drops....

Last edited:
  MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Why? Coils are a common problem and this is how they usually go either that or its a plug....if it was in limp mode the engine light would be on.

There are NO warning lights on.

Maybe a coil is about to go.

The problem first raised its heaed 2 weeks ago after I'd had the Vee at a trackday. On the way home it started but went away again. I put it down to the engine running to warm.

Cro

Meg'd r27
My immediate response would be coils too, any spluttering from the exhaust? Maybe check the dash and see if all the leds are working?

the engine would really sound rough too with coil problems as not all four cylinders are running , spark plugs ???

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Four cylinders?

Last time I looked the V6 had 6 cylinders mate...

But I understand what you mean. Maybe one is on its way out?