ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Right Speakers

2003 172
Hi All

Wonder if anyone could help me, the front right and rear speakers decided not to work, when i turn up the volume to max on the headunit , i can just about here the music. and hissing noise.

Any ideas????

Thanks in advance
James

Clio
If they didn't work after you turned the volume up it would suggest you've blown the speakers or headunit.
If they didn't work while the volume was turned up but do once it's turned down then the headunit is likely clipping the signal to the speakers or going into protection mode due to excessive heat in the unit or out of specification speakers.

2003 172
Thanks for the reply, I've connected the speakers to an amp and they worked for like 2 days then they stopped working again, connected it to a different amp same problem stopped working after a few days. you think there's some wiring problem from the speakers that is killing the amps?