ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No thread on wheel spacers

Recently bought some 25mm hubcentric spacers of someone off here and went to fit them yesterday and it turns out that on of the holes on the spacer didnt have any threads! Great. And they arent cheap to buy, so would it be possible to maybe re do the thread, i really dont know what to do. Any help would be appreciated

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Well first thing is to contact the person you bought it off. And asked them why this has happened...

Suzuki Ignis Sport
not if they are hubcentric, 4 bolts secure the spacer to the hub then another 4 the wheel to the spacer

I had hubcentric spacers on my old Clio, and i didn't need to bolt the spacer to the hub separately.... :S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are they proper hubcentric ones? As in are they designed to be be bolted to the hub and to have wheels bolted to them?

Or are they just spacers that require longer original nuts??

Are they proper hubcentric ones? As in are they designed to be be bolted to the hub and to have wheels bolted to them?

Or are they just spacers that require longer original nuts??

no they are proper hubcentric ones, ie the spacer bolts to the hub first, then the wheel to the spacer

sorry ive probably confused alot of people, bascially i bought some spacers, the ones that attach the hub of the car first, then the wheel to the spacer. On of the threads on the spacers have gone, which will mean that one of my wheels is only held on with 3 bolts! thats the problem

Suzuki Ignis Sport
sorry ive probably confused alot of people, bascially i bought some spacers, the ones that attach the hub of the car first, then the wheel to the spacer. On of the threads on the spacers have gone, which will mean that one of my wheels is only held on with 3 bolts! thats the problem

Like i said the hubcentric spacers i had before didn't need bolting onto the hub first, and they were fine, no probems with them what so ever, but having a minimum of 3 bolts bolting the spacer to the hub then i don't see any problem with that! Won't fall off, providing u have extended wheel bolts!

Like i said the hubcentric spacers i had before didn't need bolting onto the hub first, and they were fine, no probems with them what so ever, but having a minimum of 3 bolts bolting the spacer to the hub then i don't see any problem with that! Won't fall off, providing u have extended wheel bolts!

If that's the case yours weren't hubcentric ones then, fact. You don't need extended wheel bolts ith hubcentric, so I don't know why you have that bit in bold.

op, depending on if they've been cross threaded and how much material's left behind you should be able to get them re-threaded no problem.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
If that's the case yours weren't hubcentric ones then, fact. You don't need extended wheel bolts ith hubcentric, so I don't know why you have that bit in bold.

op, depending on if they've been cross threaded and how much material's left behind you should be able to get them re-threaded no problem.

I'm sure they were, they were FK ones, i bought them of Jord.

Maxi Megane and 182
Get the hole rethreaded using either a thread insert or a timesert. Any decent garage should be able to sort you out.

Just recutting the thread in an alloy spacer will end up with no strength to the thread which will end up with 3 wheels on your wagon if you are not carefull.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.

Incorrect. The thinner hubcentric spacers just require longer bolts.

ITB'd MK1
I dislike spacers that you bolt the wheel to, seen too many of them come loose, I would drill out the threads and fit long studs to the hubs

from what i gathered when researching what style spacer to get, to me it seemed like hubcentric ones were better and safer, as the weight was resting on the lif and not just 4 bolts