ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non a/c kit - PH1

Clio 172
Hi Guys,
How easy is it to fit the a/c delete kit from a cup toa PH1? is it a straight forward bolt on jobbie or is there some form of modification needed? Advice please fella's before I pay out more than I need to for a Pure kit.

Thanks

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I'd just get the cheap pure kit rather than the kit with all the pulleys etc

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Should just be a straight swap, I've got it fitted to mine but it has a more recent engine

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I honestly can't see why anyone would want to remove the A/C. It makes little to no difference in the fuel consumption. In warm weather it's pretty uncomfortable driving a car without A/C. I use mine all the time even on track.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
For me, cheaper belt changes plus removal of something that wasn't working/will never be used - plus in a silver car it really don't get that hot inside :) In a black car it's mandatory imo

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
this is my engine bay with AC removed

IMAG0053.jpg

this is a bay with AC

IMAG0397.jpg

I know what i'd rather work on

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I honestly can't see why anyone would want to remove the A/C. It makes little to no difference in the fuel consumption. In warm weather it's pretty uncomfortable driving a car without A/C. I use mine all the time even on track.

Its something less for the engine to run. Even if you haven't got it switched on its still got to rotate the pulley and that takes power. MAy only be a small amount, but it still takes it.

I'd sack it off. I also sacked off power steering because that meant I could make a kit out of a Renault 11 alternator bracket and a 5 rib belt. Total cost; £18, as opposed to a dedicated kit for £250+

172, Tiguan
You'll need to bend the PAS pipe, which is the most difficult part of the whole conversion imo.

Clio 172
You'd be surprised at what difference it makes to pick up with it gone.

The a/c or the p/s or both? Only really looking to do the a/c for now.

I should clarify the term 'only looking' as if I'll be doing this when infact I'll be off to see Fred with the parts and a load of cash to take care of it for me as I am a complete mechanical nightmare at doing anything more than changing discs and pads. Thank you.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
One of the times i was at oulton there was a blue ph1 there. Stripped, 888's a/con removed and it was quick, quicker than mine was.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is the steering much heavier without power Dan? I had a MKII Golf for years with no p/s just wondered how the Clio's feel.

Well mines a mk1 so I can only comment on that.

Imo, its made a very small difference to the weight. Mk1's have virtually zero assistance once moving over 5mph. When parking/3 point turning its not much effort. If you're at Llandow hopefully mine will be there and you can try it.

Evo 5 RS
The a/c or the p/s or both? Only really looking to do the a/c for now.

I should clarify the term 'only looking' as if I'll be doing this when infact I'll be off to see Fred with the parts and a load of cash to take care of it for me as I am a complete mechanical nightmare at doing anything more than changing discs and pads. Thank you.

The ac, I'd never remove the pas on a mk2. It's a waste of time

weemark

ClioSport Club Member
  197 CUP
When you remove power steering i'm guessing you have to change to a non-assisted rack? And not just a case of running the assisted rack without assistance?
Is there a rack that is a direct replacement?