ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

non sport bumper smoothing

Titanium 182
I want to smooth my front bumper but i've heard different comments about how to do it, is it filler in the gaps and then fibreglass over or fibreglass the gaps and filler over that?

I know people say whats the point and that it ruins the front end, but I don't plan running a front plate at shows this summer so I don't want it to look daft with the plate recess there.

Cheers.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fibreglass over the big gaps, refine with filler. Some people even plastic weld the big gaps then filler to refine.

Make sure whoever does it is experienced with this sort of thing otherwise it will crack as soon as you drive down the road.

Titanium 182
Fibreglass over the big gaps, refine with filler. Some people even plastic weld the big gaps then filler to refine.

Make sure whoever does it is experienced with this sort of thing otherwise it will crack as soon as you drive down the road.

Okay thanks a lot bud, well I want to give it a go myself for something to keep me busy

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
My mate plastic welded mine and I filled and painted it. I've yet to fit it so I'll have to get back to you about whether or not to bother...