ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non-sport Mk2ph1

Non-sport ph1
Hi!
After the last Cliosport.net update i wasn't able to log in with my old account, forgot the email address i used to register here and after creating a new account i finally decided to post a thread about my clio and how it changed during the last year! :)
Before that i'd like to say that i'm from Poland, so my english is not that good and that from what i've seen Cliosport.net cars are all close to perfect. Well mine is not, and if you really don't like it that much please don't hate it. It's both hard to get parts here in Poland (because they are rare and expensive) and to spend a lot of money (when you are still a student, like me)
About the car:
It's a 98' 1.2 8v Clio in bleu roy. No extras at all, i believe it's the cheapest version available at that time. Still it's in my family since new and has never failed. About a year ago my parents bought a new car and gave me the clio! :D
That's how it started, a completely stock Clio:
obraz006fuc.jpg

Then came tinted windows, new brake discs, pads, and some yellow caliper paint
93704052.jpg

After that i bought a 172 rear wing
lotka2.jpg

and a set of 16' o.z racing f1 alloys. The difference in width between new and stock is awesome :cool:
clio030.jpg

It didn't look that well when i put them on though
clio038.jpg

It had the stance of a goat, and too much colours. The drums are not yellow, it's just an illusion or something :eek:
Then got a huuuuge exhaust pipe, hope you don't kill me for that lol
dok044.jpg

I actually love the look of it, think it fits perfectly! :D There's only catalic converter and that pipe, it's loud but i love the sound of it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE0hL_qL4x8
Shortly after that something (un)fortunate happened. I've completely destroyed my right front suspension because of a huuuuge pithole i hit. Still that gave me an good reason to lower it before winter. Bought a set of lejsofors springs
amory1.jpg

and shorter front shock absorbers
dsc00110p.jpg

Had some problems with the bolt hole distance (and still have those, i'm unable to find a set of coilovers to fit in a 1.2 8v clio)
Still had them "customised" and fitted
This is how it looked before
gleba3.jpg

This is what i wanted
gleba2.jpg

And this is after the new springs and shock absorbers
gleba1.jpg

The front is still a bit too high, but as i said i cant find a set of coilovers to fit :(
During the winter had some free time, got a set of ph2 rear lights
dsc00145ly.jpg

repainted the rims
dsc00162wd.jpg

and the inserts
dekielki.jpg

A trial fit with the wheel standing next to the car
dsc00165l.jpg

After a quick wash
dsc00172z.jpg

dsc00175v.jpg

And after a detailing session
bekitnaikwiaty002.jpg

bekitnaikwiaty006.jpg

Last week i colour coded the plastics
dsc00021v.jpg

Now i want to get it machine polished and get some more lows, after that wheel spacers and some rear camber.
Hope you like it
Alex

1.2 8V MK1 PH2
Quite like it actually, although I'm not too sure about the yellow around the rims personally. I don't think your exhaust is HUGE by any means, and not being a fan of them, I actually really like the way it fits, looks andsounds! I have a red 1.2 8V Grande, and am about to get started with the modding on that. Personally I think they're great little cars to drive and a great starting base for modifications. How much was your exhaust altogether then mate?

Best of luck with it,

Connor

Non-sport ph1
Paid about 500 PLN (about £100) for everything (exhaust pipe, custom mounts, piping all the way from the catalic conv and cutting the bumper)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Great effort and your English is awesome too. I'm impressed, keep it up :)

1.2 Dynamique 16v
I like it bud. Well done doing the colour coding, looks quite a good match.

Couple things I think would look better, silver F1's and lose the stickers.

Your english is very good by the way.