ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Norn Iron Meet 3rd & 4th September 2011

"Navy" N17 TWO
The annual Portrush Airshow is comming up soon and I haven't had the chance to get us out for a meet yet

Well I'm not missing the Airshow for a 3rd year running - I'm even going up for both days with the camera! :cool:
"Who knows..... the Clio's will cath the Red Arrows in the twisties lol"

3__L1.jpg

http://www.portrush.org.uk/portrush_event_detail.php?SEV=3

So who's up for a CSNI get-together up at this and hopefuly drive down the road somewhere away from the crowds for some pics of the cars :) and of course the banter!

If anyone has any ideas for somewhere to meet/park, view the airshow, grab grub - fire away!

Stick your name down and PM me your mobile if you're going, I'll send a group txt closer to the date

Trev

Last edited:
  Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Not a bad shout mate, would be a fun day out! I'll look into it for sure and drop you a text when I know more!

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Il make a decision closer to the time, maybe have a family day out with a dose of Cliosport on the side :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Lol I'm pretty sure I was just asking about the car since it got fixed, any more issues?

Starting my new job on Monday :clap:.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Aircon sorted out - actually cheaper than I was quoted for the job too :) THANK YOU Renault at Shelbourne! :hail:

Fitted new rear pads yesterday and Goodridge braided hoses then flushed the system with Castrol super response dot 4 :)
Adjusted the handbrake and balanced the cables as n/s was pulling tighter than the o/s.

Landed at a mates at 11, car over the pit and we got stuck in. Sitting talking about all sorts of cars and driving - all of the above and standing under the car drinking tea talking crap basically took us to 4 o clock! :rasp:

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
That's why I stuck it up early - see what happens mate.

Any more joy with the RS Tuner buddy?

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ As long as you're there Jamie :)

Have posted in Area Rep Chat now about how you contact all your area members in one shout.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Might call up on the Saturday lads. Cars all done and sorted now and I'm off work at weekends. :approve:

Will text you if I am for going bud.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Good man, you change the wheels yet or what have you got done to the wagon? :)

** GROUP PM has just been sent to ALL of the NI lot (that I know of) **

Megane 265 Cup
Hey buddy, cheers for the PM, should have really come and said but I have moved on from the Clio, got myself a new car 6 weeks ago there, so think I would be a bit outta place amongst all the clios lol :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Ah don't even chat Tigger lol Haven't got any wheels on it at all as of yet. Just using it for work now and getting me from A to B. It's probably the worst looking Clio you will ever see haha.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Ah don't even chat Tigger lol Haven't got any wheels on it at all as of yet. Just using it for work now and getting me from A to B. It's probably the worst looking Clio you will ever see haha.

They have trams in Strabane now? ;)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Haha f*ck off smart arse. I haven't replaced / changed the wheels from what they currently have on then ;).

Gonna get a nice cheapish set when I get paid though. Can't look at the current ones much longer, also need that lacquer peel sorted asap. :cry:

"Navy" N17 TWO
Wherever you're off to - enjoy :) and thanks for checking in on the thread & letting us know either way :cheers:

**UPDATE**

I have heard the Red Arrows have pulled out of the show this year due to ongoing investigations into the fatal crash.
To the best of my knowledge the rest of the show is still on and I'm still heading up with the car & camera

Who's for going? :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Count me in for Sunday if that's still on.

Edit

Just noticed that it's 3rd and 4th not 4th and 5th :sleepy:

Will be down on the Saturday more than likely. In the bus. Ugly ugly car. Oh well.

Will text you anyways bud, which way do you go through?

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
Sure is Logie - I'm assuming that's not your 1st name though haha!

So far it's me and yourself for sure, and a few maybe's as above so I'm patiently waiting on this thread filling up :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Either way it'll be a good night unless it's gonna piss down. Which it more than likely will. Probably grab a bite to eat down there also.

"Navy" N17 TWO
As you suggested - sent a mass PM out to all NI members on here last week, least I can do from here at the moment fella.

Anyhow - last few events I've had to pull out of myself so I'm not one to talk or its pot/kettle/black lol.

If the weather is crap or we dont have many cars goin up I'm still running as planned :)
Can't promise I'll get the car detailed by the weekend as I'm working this week and trying to fit a few bits to it & figure out the RS Tuner as well haha!

Have a few fiddley things I want to get finished off now that I started on over summer :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Car detailed? Mines be lucky if it gets washed at all, heres praying for a bit of rain on the drive down in the morning :clap:.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ haha I used to hope for rain as an excuse for my swirlbus :eek:

I have my fogs off at the moment which looks a bit odd, my exhaust is sagging again and the emisions light came on yesterday - won't go out :(
Fitting my carbon fog surrounds today and sorting that light out, need to get another few wee bits on too when I get time.
Wheels need a refurb when I'm away at the end of the month, then it'll be polished & waxed up for winter :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Late update folks I'm just in from work and the only confirmed member going up is Logie on Sunday so i'm going to give Saturday a miss and spend more time there on Sunday :)

Anyone else up for meeting us on Sunday, PM me your mobile and I'll let you know where/when we're meeting up etc

Cheers
Trev

Also taking suggestions for a meet or 2 in October :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Good day had mate, that coast feed was great :rasp:.

Good pics of the airshow itself raffopj, none of the Clios though.