ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North East Member

Alright just signed up as i have just bough myself a clio 172.
Collecting the car tomorrow. Not a bad buy as its on an 02 plate with 72k miles. Needs a few bits and bobs sorting out but not a lot. Collecting a climate control unit on my way back from collecting the car then it could do with a drivers door and boot lid as both have a few big dents!

I owned a 172 a few year back but didnt keep it long and after going through 306 gti6 after 306 gti6 i got a 306 v6 what i still have but too much hassle using as an every day car so decided to opt for a 172 again.

Will get some pics and stuff up over the next few days :approve:

I live in Beamish, Co. Durham. Just about to head down to hartlepool now to collect the car. I have found a door and boot lid as well to replace the dented ones :D

T2eC16hHJHEE9ny2tlWWBQ-D0MeYI60_12_zps4b63d5e2.jpg

Once i have a replacement driver door and tail gait it will be better :)

whats involved in fitting a 182 exhaust? Can i just pit a full system manifold to back box on or is there anything that needs modifying?

clio 182
the wheel wells in the way mate.think ktec do a system that fits which looks like a 182 one.would also need to change rear bumper.i know where theres a black 182 low millage breaking with all body panels bar front bumper still left

the wheel wells in the way mate.think ktec do a system that fits which looks like a 182 one.would also need to change rear bumper.i know where theres a black 182 low millage breaking with all body panels bar front bumper still left

Details would be good :) i have found a driver door and boot lid for £50 collected but if i can get door, boot lid and rear bumper that would be ideal. I have read up that a 182 manifold is a good upgrade over the 172 manifold. Do the 182s not have a spare wheel well?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Details would be good :) i have found a driver door and boot lid for £50 collected but if i can get door, boot lid and rear bumper that would be ideal. I have read up that a 182 manifold is a good upgrade over the 172 manifold. Do the 182s not have a spare wheel well?

No they don't. The have a big old exhaust instead that usually falls to bits.

Your better off getting a 182 manifold, then putting a decent 172 exhaust on.

I prefer the stealth ones on 172 but its up to you really.

I like the look of the 182 back boxs over the 172 ones. Been on the look for a 182 manifold. Is it worth buying the stainless 2.5" manifolds on ebay or just a standard one? do they bolt straight to the standard 172 cat as well? i will be after a decat at the same time as manifold tho

RS Tuner! What are these? I have seen K-Tec racing sell something like this. Do i just get onto K-Tec racing for them to email me maps/data over ect?