ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Northwest RR day at EFI-Parts, Sunday April 15th

R5GTT, 2L turbo
Hi All,

I've recently had a few different guys ask about the possibility of doing a Cliosport rolling road day at EFI-Parts. I've taken the plunge and set a date for Sunday April 15th with a 10am start.

I know a couple of you came along to the open day we had last month and hopefully they will vouch for the setup we have here.

The dyno is a modern Superflow 2WD, the same system that K-tec recently installed and is the same system used by TDF and several others. It is about as good as it gets in terms of 2WD cradle dyno's and you can be assured of a an honest result.

There are some pictures from that day here, soon to be in PFC we hope.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-open-day-amp-quot-RWYB-quot-rolling-road-day

For the day to be a go-er we would need 10 definates really. As usual £30 will get you 3 runs and printed data of the best result. There will be the usual A/F monitoring and boost plotting if applicable.

Do we think there will be enough interest for this ? We could probably make the day work with less than 10 cars but the cost per car would need to creep up a little, maybe £35-£40. That could make for a more laid back atmosphere and more time spent with each car, who knows, that might be a good thing!

Thoughts welcome guys.

Cheers, Chris

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
No another meet on a sunday;( f**king hate working sundays!!!

BMW F21 125d
Whats the postcode mate and are non-renault RWD's welcome? Still a paid up member of the forum.

2002 Clio 172 Cup
Whats the postcode mate and are non-renault RWD's welcome? Still a paid up member of the forum.

EFI-Parts, Unit 16 Dewar court, Astmoor industrial estate, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 1PT

Might come along for day and say hello again Chris. Won't run my car as nothing will be changed by then. :)

My mate in the Octavia VRS from the last open day may run again as he is sorting his turbo out, thanks to the RR he discovered he has a small boost leak.

R60 CUP
1. Jon.G
2. rhysbartley
3. cliojay

Im well up for this as i loved the last rolling road day! :)

I'd just like to see how these rollers stack up against Paul's at RSTunings and if the top end rebuild has made any difference. Definitely feels more alive.

172 cup, Impreza P1
That maybe around the time that my car will be with you Chris for setup but not ready for a full power run.

I'll let you know.

Cheers,
Steven

320d
I'll go to this. See what the 182 is putting out. No doubt I'll come back disappointed. I won't be happy with less than 170bhp.

Popped up to see Chris this evening, new unit is a good setup!

Come on people, would be good if we could get 10...

R60 CUP
i wanna see if mine makes any more power since i have fitted the matched inlets or if it is just a big waste of money lol and to also see if these rollers are any different to pauls at RStuning where mine made 170 bhp

i wanna see if mine makes any more power since i have fitted the matched inlets or if it is just a big waste of money

I've highlighted the inevitable outcome for you.

to also see if these rollers are any different to pauls at RStuning

The dyno is a modern Superflow 2WD

http://www.rstuning.co.uk/dyno.php

Our facility is centred round our state of the art 4WD Dyno Dynamics Chassis Dynamometer
They are different rollers.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
i wanna see if mine makes any more power since i have fitted the matched inlets or if it is just a big waste of money lol and to also see if these rollers are any different to pauls at RStuning where mine made 170 bhp

The rollers will be completely different so using these ones to judge the increase your matched inlets have made is a waste of money. Also the matched inlets are regarded as one of the worst mods going. Some people say otherwise but there's a lot of speculation.

Either way, getting a RR figure on here as comparison. Waste of time. If it reads stupidly low, you'll assume it's the rollers rather than a possible fault with the engine, if it reads dead high, you'll assume the inlets just made you 20bhp y0.

R60 CUP
The rollers will be completely different so using these ones to judge the increase your matched inlets have made is a waste of money. Also the matched inlets are regarded as one of the worst mods going. Some people say otherwise but there's a lot of speculation.

Either way, getting a RR figure on here as comparison. Waste of time. If it reads stupidly low, you'll assume it's the rollers rather than a possible fault with the engine, if it reads dead high, you'll assume the inlets just made you 20bhp y0.

Ahhh yeah didnt think of that would probs be more beneficial to get it back on the rollers at RS tuning then really to see any difference and yeah i been told many times there a waste of money but hey one can try them and see if they make any difference lol

R5GTT, 2L turbo
Hi lads, just a reminder, the RR day is this Sunday coming. If anyone has any questions or concerns its always best to email me, I can't miss it then.

Cheers, Chris

R5GTT, 2L turbo
No R5 sorry, it's in hibernation still. I'm just waiting for some space at the garage so I can bring it and get to work !

Can those planning on running confirm by letting me know here so I can see how long the day will last.

Cheers, Chris :)

R5GTT, 2L turbo
That'll teach me to lay a day on without taking deposits. Not a sole turned up.

Chris

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Sorry to hear that Chris. I tried a last ditch attempt to rally some together on an fb group but no joy.