ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Norton internet security doing me over

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
iv just got a outbreak saying im not protected agaisnt the lastest trojon virus, then says to protect click' protect now' which i do, then says failed and i need to do the liveupdate thing. which i do. go back to protect now and it fails again.
iv tryed all there help websites and its no good and everytime i try to download something to help i.e...live chat help, it crashes. its like i dont want to know.

anyone got any suggestions?

172beast

Get rid of Norton, problem solved, use AVG or AVAST for virus checker, zone alarm for firewall.

M

mij29

Mine has expired, just thought it was a way of gettin me to subscribe again.

Wan't to try a different one because it slow's my laptop down. The little orange world thing is flashin now and has a ! mark in it flashing red and orange.

M

mij29

Ive got spy bot so i will just keep doing a scan with that every other day.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
what I will say is norton is thee biggest resource hog I have ever come across.. no exageration.. it will literally kill a machines performance there are much better soloutions out there..

williams 0013
Got the same thing on my Norton
iv run the crack to reset the subscription but still isnt working

looking like they have altered something
o well a good excuse to install something better

AVG or AVAST for virus checker, zone alarm for firewall

Ultra Blue R26
I got rid of Norton ages ago far too resource hungry.
I'm using Active Virus Shield at the mo after a spell with Mcafee.

iv just got a outbreak saying im not protected agaisnt the lastest trojon virus, then says to protect click' protect now' which i do, then says failed and i need to do the liveupdate thing. which i do. go back to protect now and it fails again.
iv tryed all there help websites and its no good and everytime i try to download something to help i.e...live chat help, it crashes. its like i dont want to know.

anyone got any suggestions?

mine does that. what you need to do is restart the pc even if it doesnt say you have to. When it does the system check on start up if youve updated then it will got to OK with a tick and green box

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I had this problem with my Norton aswell.

You need to go to the symantec website and manually download the virus definitions update file (Its about 13mb)

Run the .exe and your done all fine after :)