ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOS worth it or not

am seriously considering getting this fitted to my valver,at mo its standard apart from hp ik and superchip and just fitted a willy gearbox

the cars done 63k.how much would be a sensible amount to put on the engine(so it doesnt blow up!)but still get a reasonable power gain.

thanks

NItrous, yum. Ive got N20 on my MK1 XR2. The engine is in pricipal neigh on 50 yrs old.

This jsut prooves that N20 doesnt blow up engines, poor setting up blows them up.

As long as your engine is in good nic and there are no pre-existing damage to the rods mostly then you cna use N20 with no probs. 50bhp is all you really need. anymore and youll be draining your bottle so fast.

Talking of it, i might actually slap it on my valver too!

sounds like nicks got more money than he can spend......nick...if you ever need to hide any of it i got a bank account you can use !!!

i ran twin 9lb bottles........they cost about 40 quid to fill

It could last anywhere from 1 min if u used it all in one go of a week or 2 if you use it jsut to tease the occasional super car.

It can run till the bottle is empty....no worries, i wont blow up or anything, AS LONG AS ITS SETUP CORRECTLY.

Thats all i stress, setting up.

Im kinda new to this NOS thing but what exactly does it do does it have the same kick in affect as a turbo. i mean instant power?

I assume one forgets to inform insurance company?!!

Am I correct in thinking that no UK insurance company will cover you for road usee with it connected??

well i read an article in revs on insurance and the insurance companies said they work out how much to add on for modds by how much in percentage the power of the vehicle is increased

so 10% more bhp = 10% more £ to pay

so if you say 50bhp n20 kit = dont tell them!!:)

everyones happy

Fair enough,

As a hypothetical question::: I know you are not supposed to exceed 50% of your standard engine power with NOS so could I put 25bhp jets onto a 1.2 16v??

This is very hypothetical Im just intrigued what kind of gains it would give me,

How soon does it knacker my engine?

Thanks

no problems for him??? dosent he have to change the ecu program?? superchips generaly changes the ignition advance:) to a higher value.. and n2o needs it at stock value or lower:)

correct me if im wrong..

Quote damo16v:started the topic "NOS worth it or not?"

"i am seriously considering getting this fitted to my valver,at mo its standard apart from hp ik and superchip and just fitted a willy gearbox "

i was raising the ignition advance question for him:)

hehehe.....doh!

well thats the trade off.....you can either run with slighly retared iggy or not have N20 and run normally.

What do you mean by retarted ignition?

In terms of 0-60 times what kind of performance increase would nos give to a standard 1.2 16v clio

i hate questions like that!!!

How long is a peice of red string compared to green string!

if you were running a simple 25bhp shoot, i would expect near a second taken off, 50bhp and youll have your sec probably, but cant accurately say more than that.

You need to r****d your ignition to prevent detonation.

thanks for all the posts

alot of the peeps i know who have fitted nos 2 there car didnt really noticed much difference when they fitted the 25bhp kit,but when they upped the jet 2 a 50bhp 1 the difference was amazing!

i reckon i will go for either 50bhp or 75bhp of nos which should satisfy my need for speed for a little while;)

you will really need to run conservative ignition advance with that amount adn it might run a bit down on power when your off n20

nope.....they will advise, i did my setting up on the rd and ran perfectly.

If they get an high quote, PM me and i will see if i can beat it.