ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not a Clio but Megane DCI 175

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Sorry it's not a Clio I'm afraid but I had to sadly part with my RB 182 due to a new arrival shortly. So being as I have to be reasonably sensible I thought I would look for a Megane DCI due to it having a good chassis brakes etc but with economy too.
After looking for a while not much was coming up locally so I saw this one advertised by MarcR and it was the exact spec I wanted but all the way in Edinburgh
Anyway after 12 hours driving from Nottinghamshire I picked it up, so here it is 175 DCI cup packed and with recaros
Plans are to keep it mint and tidy up a few bits, started today by fitting a new thermostat as temp gauge was not sitting right and red Brembos to match the rears
IMG_3848.JPG

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_3883.JPG

IMG_3884.JPG

IMG_3886.JPG

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nice. Saw you post on FB about the thermostat and brakes. Looks decent, not sure the MPG is as good as you'd expect for a diesel but defo better than the 225/230! Chuck some 20mm spacers on the rear. Nice derv tho that, great colour for em

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Nice. Saw you post on FB about the thermostat and brakes. Looks decent, not sure the MPG is as good as you'd expect for a diesel but defo better than the 225/230! Chuck some 20mm spacers on the rear. Nice derv tho that, great colour for em
Cheers, yeah the mpg is early 40s so not bad I might map it tbh but it handles awesome!
May put some spacers on it to improve stance a bit

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I like these! Used to have a mapped 130 dci estate, cracking car out of the box so,this should be ace.

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Thought driving 3 hours to get my meg was along drive. If its a good un its worth travelling for.
Your lucky with a 3 hour drive! Was 12 hours total there and back but like you say it was a good un and I wanted Red/Recaros/Cup chassis R26 stickers etc so chances of finding one were pretty slim lol

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Lovely car and I know this one has been looked after if it was MarcR's.
He lives next to Edinburgh airport, I was lucky and was able to catch a plane when I went to collect my Clio 200 off him.

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Go well with a map, get that dpf removed and remap it, it was a night and day difference on my old one.
Yeah I think that's the plan, did the clutch cope with the map alright ?
My mapped Cupra Tdi 190 is on its 2nd clutch lol might need to uprate it!

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Lovely car and I know this one has been looked after if it was MarcR's.
He lives next to Edinburgh airport, I was lucky and was able to catch a plane when I went to collect my Clio 200 off him.
Yeah was his old one, nice guy and spent a lot of time going through everything. I wish I'd have got a flight up there now I was feeling it by the time I got home

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I think that's the plan, did the clutch cope with the map alright ?
My mapped Cupra Tdi 190 is on its 2nd clutch lol might need to uprate it!

Mine actually give up at 47k shortly after having the map, however i found out if used to have a tow bar not long before I wrote it off, so that explains the premature clutch.

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Mine actually give up at 47k shortly after having the map, however i found out if used to have a tow bar not long before I wrote it off, so that explains the premature clutch.
Fair enough, mine has done 102k so maybe worth changing if I map it then!

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
This looks really nice mate. Great find, I love all the spec it's got, makes it look just like an R26.

I currently own a 175 (5 door) and think it's a great car, it's not cup packed but is still a really great car to drive and feels really well composed. It's my daily and pretty much a work horse and seems to take the abuse of potholed roads well and revving it through (all the way to 5k lol) pretty well and as for MPG, a full tank costs just over £60 for me and gets me best part of 500 miles. I certainly wasn't getting that in my old R26, more like 350 miles at a push.

It's like the original GTD and I'm surprised it wasn't more popular, but a realativly unknown bargain of sorts now..

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
This looks really nice mate. Great find, I love all the spec it's got, makes it look just like an R26.

I currently own a 175 (5 door) and think it's a great car, it's not cup packed but is still a really great car to drive and feels really well composed. It's my daily and pretty much a work horse and seems to take the abuse of potholed roads well and revving it through (all the way to 5k lol) pretty well and as for MPG, a full tank costs just over £60 for me and gets me best part of 500 miles. I certainly wasn't getting that in my old R26, more like 350 miles at a push.

It's like the original GTD and I'm surprised it wasn't more popular, but a realativly unknown bargain of sorts now..
The main appeal to me was the fact it looks just like the R26 and with the cup chassis handles nearly as well without the diff!
Engine wise feels very smooth and like you say rev well for a derv so far I'm very impressed by it

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
The main appeal to me was the fact it looks just like the R26 and with the cup chassis handles nearly as well without the diff!
Engine wise feels very smooth and like you say rev well for a derv so far I'm very impressed by it

When it was standard the main thing I noticed was how quick it runs out of puff, the power band is so short. A remap sorts that, it pulls to redline easily.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I miss my DCI

Please after it Matt and by what I see you have already started

I just never had anymore time for the car as it's now all about the LY 197 and the Trophy

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
I miss my DCI

Please after it Matt and by what I see you have already started

I just never had anymore time for the car as it's now all about the LY 197 and the Trophy
I'm enjoying it so much mate! I'm planning on keeping it mint so no worries there just need to refurb that wheel and then buff it and seal it and she will be awesome