ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not driving my Clio as much

133/225/CLS AMG

Ive just got a new job!!! :D Which is in Liverpool St so now I wont be driving Clio as much, as Im commuting by train.

To be honest Im not phased as this means I can use my car purely for pleasure rather than wearing it out commuting to work.

Just wondered if anyone recommended any tips to keep it healthy when its sat on my drive. Its on a 53 plate and has covered 13.5k miles.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i dont really drive mine through the week, but seem to rack up miles making up for lost time at the weekend! lol

133/225/CLS AMG

Ill probably make up for it by enjoying it for my own useage rather than having to sit in traffic jams just getting to work.

LY 200

I only use mine at weeknds really but as said i tend to rack up the miles then aswell!!!

Good luck in your new job!!!:D

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Mine spends most of its time sat in my garage,i sometimes go a week without using it and i have no problems.

Using the car just for fun is ace :)

Porsche GT4, Eagle

I spent the winter in Canada and my gf drove mine every 2 or 3 weeks (she claims) and it never missed a beat. Started first time on my return too.

But as well as all the normal stuff about oil and rad etc, I have learnt from experience it pays to keep a full tank of fuel. Prevents condensation building up in the fuel tank and the fuel becoming contaminated.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i havent driven mine in a couple of weeks and the battery is dead and now the car wont start!

133/225/CLS AMG

Ill probably be taking it for a spin on at least a couple of work nights, then be using it as normal at the weekends.

Tell you what though, its already feels nicer to be driving it. Ive got about a month of driving to work left then thats it.

106 GTi

Mine only gets used at weekends, I just make sure when I do go out in it that I give it a proper run.