ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not too low for everyday use

2003 1.2 billabong
Hello everyone, i wanna to lower my 1.2 clio but im not too sure on what to go for ( 40mm Springs - 60mm and shocks / coilovers ) i use the car everyday so i dont want to go too low that i have trouble with speedbumps and i dont want too harsh of a ride, i wondered if anyone has any suggestions as to the best sort of set up i could do. its on 15' standard dynamique wheels atm.

2003 1.2 billabong
cheers boosh, ive had the clio a while and its bout time i signed up on here, seeing all the nicely done cars on here i see a project coming on.....

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I had 60mm springs on my 1.2. It looked good but was way too harsh a ride. Would definitely get the shocks to match @ 60mm :)

Discounted 1*2 parts
60mm springs on standard shocks were really harsh, I hated them. Upgraded to vmax coilovers eventually and they were loads better!

The rokkor coilovers on ebay seem to be ok for the money.

Welcome BTW!

2003 1.2 billabong
cheers people, giving me some idea as to what im after, i know you get what you pay for but how bumpy would the rokkors would be over the vmaxx? and also if i get a set of bbs wheels with the staggered/ stretched look will i have trouble with rubbing? will i need any spacers etc? where am i best looking to buy these bits aswell? ebay? i fancy a rs grill the end of the month but i might just go into the dealer for that. also anyone know where i can get my hands on a set of billabong front seats, drivers side is getting a bit worn out ( guess i sit in it too much haha )

Monaco 172
i have 60mm springs on standard shocks on my 1.2...looks good and the ride is fairly harsh,but i think thats part of having a low car, i love it :p

cheers people, giving me some idea as to what im after, i know you get what you pay for but how bumpy would the rokkors would be over the vmaxx? and also if i get a set of bbs wheels with the staggered/ stretched look will i have trouble with rubbing? will i need any spacers etc? where am i best looking to buy these bits aswell? ebay? i fancy a rs grill the end of the month but i might just go into the dealer for that. also anyone know where i can get my hands on a set of billabong front seats, drivers side is getting a bit worn out ( guess i sit in it too much haha )

rokkors are the same ones as the ktec branded ones, so search on here for ktec coilovers to read peoples views.
most bbs wheels will be lower offset than your renault wheels which means they will stick out more than standard so you won't need any spacers.
might have trouble with them rubbing if you're a lot lower than standard - depending on the offset and how much stretch you put on the tyres you might have to run some camber or have your arches rolled or even flared.
billabong seats - have a look on ebay, call renparts, or pay the £12 to join up and post a wanted thread/have a look in the for sale section. You can get a sport interior for around £150 if you wanted

2003 1.2 billabong
i had a look around and i cant seem to find much on the Ktec ones, did see that fk highsports are around the same price as the vmaxx coilovers, would they be the better choice? on the wheel side if i do get a set im looking to at a mild stretch and i was looking to start off at 60mm and see how it goes, you think i will still clear speedbumps etc ? would it rub that way ? im gonna get it all set up properly aswell i dont like doing things by halves lol. so many choices :S