ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

novice polish/wax/clay advice

Fiesta Zetec
Right, planning major car clean friday afternoon. I need some help on how to get my silver clio looking very shiney and smooth.

ive seen alot on here about this sort of thing but still unsure.

I really do want the best stuff.

I use turtle wax shampoo.

whats the best option for a very smooth & shiney silver car??

clay?

wax?

polish?

I really am a noob when it comes to this so please give me some advice.

cheers

106 GTi
The shampoo you use is not really a big issue when polsihing or waxing after so the Turtle Wax will be fine.

On Silver:

Clay - Meguiars Quik Clay
Swirl Remove - Meguiars Scratch X
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin
Seal - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

If you want to you could add some wax 24 hours after the Extra Gloss, maybe look into P21s Carnuba Wax for this.

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Big Halfords stores should sell everything but the P21s Wax, get that from

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/

The rest from Halfords

Clay - Meguiars Quik Clay - £11/12
Swirl Remove - Meguiars Scratch X £7/8
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin £6
Seal - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection £6-8

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
http://www.cliosport.net/index.php?ind=reviews&op=entry_view&iden=36

To wash ur car, use a genuine sheeps wool mitt (NOT a sponge as it scratches). use the 2 bucket method, one full of soapy water, and one for rinsing! Chamois off excess water.
Applicator pads for applying the polish/seal/wax and use a microfibre cloth to remove these products.
As for clay, get the pack where u get the detailer spray with it, spray on the spray, then rub over where u sprayed with the clay bar and dry off with microfibre cloth! then gently run ur hand over the bit u just clayed, then run ur hand on a bit that hasnt been clayed... smile... and be proud at the fact u used a clay bar ;)

106 GTi
Dont think he will be able to view the guide, think its for members only.

As said above Foam Applicators to apply, Microfiber Cloths to remove.

M140i/Orange 182
jwarren2k2 said:
http://www.cliosport.net/index.php?ind=reviews&op=entry_view&iden=36

To wash ur car, use a genuine sheeps wool mitt (NOT a sponge as it scratches). use the 2 bucket method, one full of soapy water, and one for rinsing! Chamois off excess water.
Applicator pads for applying the polish/seal/wax and use a microfibre cloth to remove these products.
As for clay, get the pack where u get the detailer spray with it, spray on the spray, then rub over where u sprayed with the clay bar and dry off with microfibre cloth! then gently run ur hand over the bit u just clayed, then run ur hand on a bit that hasnt been clayed... smile... and be proud at the fact u used a clay bar ;)

been reading have we james?! ;)